Ch. 5 - Settling in

Start from the beginning

"That's...interesting," Harrison mused, "Anyways, that thing you said abou–"

"Heard my name, what's up?" Theodore slid into the spot across from Harrison

"Oh nothing," Blaise said casually, "Just talking about how you and Malfoy–agh!" Harrison kicked Blaise harshly in the shin

"Me and Malfoy, what...?"

"...how you and Malfoy are invited to the Potter Yule Gala, this year," Harrison made up quickly

"Really?" Theodore said skeptically, "The Lord and Lady Potter said that?"

"Erm...yeeessss..." he said slowly

"Hmph, you need to get better at lying," Theodore said, but dropped the matter, "Anyway, Draco's busy bothering Potter; other Potter, " he clarified, "and Crabbe and Goyle aren't much of a conversation, so what are you two up to?"

"Stuff," Blaise said vaguely

"Like what? I'm bored, I don't mind whatever you two talk about. Just talk, I want to listen."

"Stuff like making sure your crew isn't trying to kill us while we sleep." 

Theodore chuckled, "Alright. Don't tell me."

"No, I'm being serious, Nott," Blaise leaned towards him, "What are you and Malfoy planning?"

"Honestly, you've made up this entire thing where we all hate each other - the both of you aren't as important as you think."

"So what is important to you?"

"What is this? An interrogation?" Theodore joked, "I dunno, mate. Exams?"

Harrison grinned, "So...just to be clear, you do not want to kill me?"

Theodore raised an eyebrow, "No," he said clearly and slowly as if speaking to a child, "I'm eleven, I doubt I could if I tried."

"That's great. I know that of course, just making sure Zabini caught that." Harrison leaned back in his seat, casting a look at Blaise that said 'I told you so'.  "Did you hear that Zabini? They DON'T want to kill me. Got it?"

Blaise rolled his eyes, "Yes, Potter."

Harrison's lips quirked up into a smirk, "You're welcome, Zabini. Oh!" A great horned owl swooped in front of them, scattering their plates aside. 

"Did you order something?" Blaise asked as the owl nibbled at Harrison's hand

"No," Harrison's eyes widened slightly, "This...she's my family owl; Dorothea. But I wasn't expecting letters. I haven't gotten any since term started." Dora (which was the owl's nickname at home) blinked at him with her large brown eyes, and held out her leg to which a letter was attached to.

"Well, you'll have to take it - or she'll never leave you alone," Theodore said

"I guess, yeah," Harrison said. He untied the parchment from the owl's leg and sent her along. 

"Do you think it's a trap?" Blaise wondered, while Harrison stared down at the clear Potter Crest on the back of the envelope.

"Are you always so paranoid, Zabini?" Theodore said, "It doesn't matter - we have our first flying lessons next and I don't want to be late." He stood, "Harrison, stop looking at the letter - just leave it, who cares? The Potters haven't written you at all, you honestly think the contents of that letter are good?"

No matter what Nott insinuated, all Harrison wanted to do was run back up to the common room - hide behind his curtains and read the letter. It would likely have some awkward apology for not writing and would ask something about how he was doing and how the people in Slytherin were treating him. And Harrison would've responded that he was doing okay, and had made a couple acquaintances that weren't so bad, that he was doing well in class, and that he missed them. He wanted so badly to write those words, to tell them something, anything.