Chapter 10

Elena POV

I must've been dreaming, a horrible one. I was being shaken but then I heard something. Someone was saying my name. I opened my eyes to see Finn, holding something to my ear.

"Cariño?" I gasped as I immediately shot up, tears already building as I gripped the phone to me. "Baby please don't cry."

"Robin. Where are you baby? I need to know you're okay. I miss you so much, mi amor." I felt Finn rub my back, trying to prepare me for these next sentences.

"I'm not lost, Elena. I'm gone. I died trying to fight him and I was able to speak to you through this phone, but it won't last much longer. I'm right next to you baby."

"Please don't leave me again." Tears spilled down my cheek, Finn trying to hug me but I didn't want his arms! Not while I finally heard Robin's voice again.

"I wish I didn't have to, baby. Live for me okay? Help Finn get out and make sure that hijo de puta suffers okay? I love you, Elena. I'll be by your side as long as you live okay?"

"I love you, Robin. I love you so much." The call ended and I looked at Finn, throwing my arms around him. "Thank god you're still alive at least. Gwen and I have been going crazy."

"We need to come up with a plan okay? I'll explain the boobytraps but right now, I need to see your bag." I took it off and gave it to him. He took it and ran over to the side of the room, filling my bag with random stuff.

I took a glance around the basement, it was creepy and dark. My heart broke knowing my boyfriend died in this room, that my best friends been trapped here for a week. I heard footsteps and Finn ran over to me, pulling me to hide on the side by the hall.

"Stay here okay? When I get the first hit to him, take this bag and run behind him. Hit him right in the head and head straight out to the stairs. 32271 is the code for the door. Remember it okay?"

I nodded and stayed hidden as he took the phone and ran back by the bed. I watched his face get full of determination and a bit of anger, but shock filled his eyes when the door opened.

"No freaking way." I gasped when I heard Max's voice. "I had freaking doubts, but never once thought he would do something like this. Don't worry kid, I'm gonna get you out. I'm Max an-"

Finn screamed and I peeked around to see Max on the floor when a freaking axe in his head. I instantly covered my mouth, trying not to scream.

"Now look what that little bitch made me do. It shouldn't have happened this way. I should've just had my fun but that stupid girl had to ruin everything. I'm going to make sure she suffers, worse than you."

"You aren't touching her." Finn snarled out, taking a step towards him. "Your fight is with me."

I gasped when a bark rang out and I almost laughed. A huge dog ran into the room, of course finding me with it's smell, but it fell straight into the huge hole and unable to get out.

"Bingo." I heard his voice say and I looked up. He was staring right at me and I screamed. I kept him distracted as Finn snuck behind him, swinging down with the phone on his head as hard as he could.

He groaned in pain as he dropped to his knees and I grabbed my bag. I swung it at his face, making him fall to the side as blood poured from his nose.

"Elena run!" I immediately ran past the guy, who tried grabbing for my leg and made it to the stairs. I heard Finn groan in pain and I felt a hand trip me at the third step, making me slip and hit the top one.

I screamed as I was pulled down the stairs, ignoring the pain as I landed hard on the concrete. I struggled as he immediately gripped my neck with both his hands, cutting off my air.