s.g. ~ right person, wrong time

"It's a bummer you've got to leave. I wish you could stay here forever. With me. And Gus." Says Steven.

I smiled and leaned on his shoulder.

"Me too. And I wish we would've confessed to each other sooner so we could've spent more time together." I said.

It was silent for a while as we sat in front of the museum together. Remembering all the great memories and just enjoying each other's presence.

I then look at him and saw a year on his cheek.

"Aww, darling." I said as I wiped it off his face. "Yeah, I'm sorry. It's just..." He paused to stop himself from crying.

"I'll miss you more than anything. You've made my life so much cheerful and now the only thing making me smile everyday is leaving the country." He said, slightly whimpering.

"I'll miss you too, Steven. Don't worry, I'll be back here to visit when I can, and I promise that." I said. He chuckles as he wiped the rest of his tears.

"I didn't think I'll end up loving you so much. I thought I'd only miss you as a coworker but now I miss you like a lost lover. And I'm scared of how I'll be when you're gone." He said. "Scared? Why should you be scared?" I asked.

"I'm scared I'll go insane." He said. "I'm scared that every night I'll stay up thinking about you like crazy and end up like a miserable twat."

"And I'm scared of losing you to another guy." He then tears up again, looking down to hide it.

I lifted his face and we look into each other's eyes. "You're not losing me, alright? You will not lose me. My love is with you and you will not and cannot lose that. Never let your worries get in your way. You've got your own life to run. Don't let me get in that way. Got it?" I said.

He smiles. "Got it." He whispers.

We look into each other's eyes and kiss like how any two people who are in love, should do.

"I love you." He whispers, making me smile and my stomach full of butterflies.

"I love you too. My sweet Mr. Knight." I said, wiping his tears.

•••

This is based on a true story and it's my story.

My crush, who actually likes me first, is moving away to another country next month and I'll only have to see him when he visits here which I hope would be some normal day in school. I really hope we can see each other again.

Kinda sad but that's life and I'm just experiencing this at 14 years old.