Julieta then came out of the kitchen, and everyone looked at her anxiously.

"She's alright," she told them. "She's still a little in shock, but she's awake.

They all sighed in relief.

Julieta then turned to look sadly at Camilo. "She wants to talk to you," she said. "Right now."

Camilo looked towards the kitchen and slowly walked through the doorway to see Alma at the table.

"Sit," she said. Camilo did as he was told and sat across from her. She was clutching a hot cup of tea in her hands. He could see she was still shaking a little. Her face was still quite pale.

"Abuela," he said, quietly. "I am so sorry."

Abuela Alma looked up from her tea at her grandson.

"Well, I must say, I thought I was going to die on the spot back there," she said. "What on Earth was going through your mind when you decided to...?" She couldn't finish her sentence. Instead, she gave a shudder.

Camilo didn't blame her. "I...don't know," he said, avoiding her eyes.

Alma looked at him with disappointment. "Camilo, don't lie to me," she said. "After the horrific display, I'm afraid an apology is not enough. You owe me an explanation."

Camilo's palms started to sweat. Without looking up, he said, "I...heard you talking to Mami, Bruno, and everyone about the vision of Hanna's father and... the man with the scar. I was there, listening from the doorway. I heard everything."

Alma set her tea down on the table and looked at him sternly. "You're taking a leaf out of your sister's book? You should never have heard that," she said.

Camilo fought the urge to get angry and said calmly, "But... you were talking about the future of me and Hanna, despite Mami telling me that she wouldn't get Tio Bruno involved."

Alma's expression softened. "You must understand, Camilo. There are times when a mother would do anything to see her children safe and happy. Even if it means going back on a promise. I'm not saying what she did was right. Just don't be too upset with her," she said.

Camilo had no response to that. Instead, he just stared at the patterns on the wooden table in front of him.

"So," Alma said. "You heard about the vision. And then?"

Camilo took in a deep breath and said, "I asked Hanna and her sister about their Abuelo, and they told me...he's dead. At first, I thought the other man couldn't be him. But then I thought 'What if it is?' And what if I am shape-shifting in the vision? So, I..." his words faded, and his mouth became dry.

"So, you thought you'd see if you could shape-shift into a... deceased person. And not just any deceased person, but your Abuelo Pedro! And now, here we are," Alma finished for him.

Camilo bowed his head in shame.

"Clearly your Gift has more potential than any of us would've ever guessed," Alma added. Her voice sounded exhausted.

Camilo looked down at his upturned hands. "Well, this just proves it, right?" he asked her. "Something is going to happen to make me change into Hanna's Abuelo. And there's no stopping it."

"This proves nothing," said Alma. "We still don't know who that man is. There is still a chance that it's not you at all."

Camilo was not entirely convinced. Alma sighed and shook her head.

"But vision or no vision," she said. "You must promise me that, no matter what the circumstances, you will never use your Gift that way, ever again."