loving

this is the last falsetto i'll ever sing to you, my great lost love

" yoohyeon ", her words came out in a whisper, raspy as he hadn't slept since last night. staring into her eyes, he searched for any emotion of regret that hid behind those entrancing orbs. " jaehyun ". 

his name out of her mouth was all it took for a crack to form in the wall he had built up over the months. eyes wavering, glancing over her shoulder to see someone pop out. " babe? ". a tall man came into view, no shirt on with his tattoos on display. " oh hi i'm johnny ".  jaehyun's eyes caught his as he smiled, a warm, welcoming face. " he's an old friend, johnny meet jaehyun. i'll just catch up with him for a little, give me ten minutes, babe ". 

jaehyun's chipped heart that had finally started to heal broke a little again. yoohyeon had never called him babe before, maybe when she had too much to drink or else it was jae and even that had made him feel special. yoohyeon closed the door behind her, an apologetic smile on her face. the tension in the air grew thicker, laced with awkwardness. 

" hye- yoohyeon, i um i'm sorry for not texting you before coming ", lies. he had deleted her number to stop himself from calling her.  " but i'm here to get closure ". her lips formed a tight line, hiding emotions behind those eyes. " just here to give you this and um i threw out your old stuff. sorry ", with that jaehyun left her standing outside her own home, the letter in her hand. no space to let her speak. just like she did that time. 

jaehyun's breath formed clouds as he exhaled the air he had been holding in the entire time. all that was left now was to burn the old poems he had been holding onto for a long time.