you

feed me lies, tear me up, break me down, i'm already used to this.

rain poured outside the cafe as jaehyun was closing up. he stopped wiping the counter for a moment as he looked over at her, pencil scratching on the tissue paper that was placed on every table. she had a frown on her face, which made a frown appear on his face almost immediately. quickly taking off his apron he grabbed his coat and walked over to her. 

" hey babe what's wrong? ", reaching to kiss her forehead, he was taken aback when she moved away. she focused on the tissue paper not saying a word to the man that had no idea what was running through her head. taking in a deep breath she pulled herself together. " we should break up ". 

a wave of emotions rushed over him, confusing jaehyun as he took a seat. grasping onto her hands, " did i say something wrong? wait did i forget an important date? ", yoohyeon had done this before. wanting to take a break from him, from them and he had been silent all this time. those words becoming a routine. yet, this time was different. break up. we should break up. this meant that she wouldn't come back, if she went out this door, that was the end of it. 

yoohyeon had jumped up from her seat, rushing out the door as soon as those words left her mouth. jaehyun raced after her into the pouring rain. " hyeon wait, please. just tell me why ". he pulled her hand, stopping her in the rain. 

" i can't do this anymore, jae. putting up this facade of us being in love, me loving you. i don't, i don't love you anymore ", she spoke bluntly her words becoming harder to hear in the rain. she looked away from him, desperately wanting to walk away without saying a word. 

" i used you as rebound and trust me i thought i had actually fallen in love with you and didn't have to pretend anymore but i guess i was wrong. i fell in love with someone else, real love where my heart beats faster than it did with you and i love with my entire heart. i'm sorry, jaehyun. thank you for loving me all this time, whole heartedly unlike me "

the rain made it hard to differentiate the salty tears that rolled down his cheeks and the water that dripped from his wet hair. he watched her walk away, his heart losing it's steady heartbeat.

the soft chime of the doorbell didn't help him calm down as he walked in. he noticed the tissue paper that she was writing placed on the table.

thank you.
for the love you've given me all this while,
your kisses that made me happy,
yet my heart was still empty,
your words that calmed my erratic heart,
yet never filling the empty void, irreplaceable,
your presence that felt like a blessing,
yet i wasn't used to your touch.
thank you and i'm sorry for causing my pain to stick onto you.
- hyeon

pain throbbed in his chest and he was sent catapulted into the past when these notes meant the world to him.