"Tyler." she called out softly, prompting him to turn and look at her.

But his eyes didn't hold the sadness Lucy had presumed, it held anger. Or more specifically anger towards her.

His jaw clenched and he took a step away from her, his eyes flaring with, again, anger.

Lucy frowned. What has she done?

"Tyler." Caroline Forbes' voice called out softly, as she placed her hand on his shoulder.

He was unaffected and spat out in anger, "What are you doing here?"

Lucy was taken aback by the edge in his tone. Has he gone crazy?

"Are you okay?"
This was all she could manage.

She understood Tyler's anger. He had just lost his mother. She knew this pain, the pain of losing a parent. She was fairly angry too. But why was this anger directed towards her? She had done nothing.

"Why is she here?" Tyler demanded, his tone holding absolute loathing for her. "After all that has happened, she still has the nerve to turn up here? Oh my god!"

Lucy was now thrown into the dark abyss of utter perplexity. Why was he letting out his anger on her?

"Tyler, calm down." Caroline said in a pleading tone, noticing the drawing attention of the onlookers with his increasing volume.

"Care, get her out of here. I don't want her anywhere near my mom." Tyler said to his girlfriend, but his eyes were still fixated on her and they held nothing but anger and hate.

"Okay, okay," Caroline rushed on, trying to calm him down, "she won't be here, okay? Just calm down. Calm down. She is not going to be here."

Lucy scoffed, confusion lacing her voice, "What is going on? And what have I done now?"

"Don't you even act like you know nothing!" Tyler hollored as Caroline tried to stop him from lunging at her.

"Tyler," Lucy began, slight anger lacing her voice, "I know you've lost your mother, but that doesn't give you an excuse to lash out at anyone. And just keep that voice of yours down. I will tolerate it only this much, so you better keep this anger of yours in check."

Tyler scoffed, his voice wavering and by the next moment tears had started falling down his cheek, making Lucy feel guilty instantly.

"Stop acting like you don't know anything. Just, please, don't be here. I know that even Mom doesn't want you here. Just leave."

She opened her mouth to say something, anything, but she couldn't even grasp the current situation.

"Please." Caroline whispered to her pleadingly as she held her sobbing boyfriend.

A hand on her shoulder weighed down Lucy more as Bonnie turned up from behind her and with a pleading gaze led her away from the pair and out of their eyesight.

"Bonnie, what is going on? I don't understand why Tyler is so angry with 'me'?" Lucy questioned almost instantly, making Bonnie sigh.

"You don't know what happened last night?" Bonnie questioned, her brows furrowed.

"I don't know everything, but just that Carol died last night of drowning. And I came to know of this through an invitation to this memorial. No one even bothered to tell me. When is the funeral or is it already done?"

"I'm sorry, Lucy, I had no idea you didn't know, but the funeral was done just this morning."

"God." she scoffed numbly, "The funeral is done and I was not even there with her."