Chapter 4

The engines had waited for news about Thomas and none of it was good. Thomas wasn't fixable and barley hanging on. No one knew who could've been so cruel to do that to him.

Edward's POV

Edward quietly returned to his shed. He backed in unnoticed. He listened to the conversation just smiling. 'I knew he'd get his comeuppance' He closed his eyes pretending to be asleep.

*later that day*

Percy came back to tidmouth sheds. He was visibly distraught. He backed into the shed. He let off steam.

Gordon looked over at him. "Percy..? Is everything okay?"  He asked.

Percy looked over at him. "Thomas is g-gone.." His voice broke.

Gordon's eyes widened. He couldn't believe it. 'He's....Gone? ' 

Unbeknownst to them Edward was grinning. He managed to puff away without anyone noticing him.

*later that night*

All the engines were comfortably asleep in the shed.

Gordon had waken up a little hearing something. He could see a figure of some sort and thought maybe it was driver or fireman. He went to speak but couldn't.

'What the hell? Why can't I speak?'  His eyes adjusted to the figure in front off him and they widened.

*next day*

The other engines were getting their fireboxes warmed and ready to go.

Henry glanced to Gordon and noticed he was quiet "Gordon?"   The doors opened and revealed a gruesome sight. Henry screamed in horror.

The other engines looked over and gasped. Gordon had been viciously attacked while the others were asleep.

???'s POV

"Aww. Poor Gordon. What a shame that the big blue express is gone." The person laughed and quietly watched. Seeing everyone so distraught brought them joy. They slowly sunk away into the shadows once again.

James's POV

He watched his friend get taken away on a flat bed. He glanced around realizing Edward wasn't there. He found that suspicious but he also knew Edward did have an early train today.

He blew his whistle and puffed on. As he shunted trucks he quietly thought to himself. Something just wasn't adding up. How come when something happens Edward was never there? It just bugged him.

The mystery person was watching James. 'Don't think to much James. I'm doing this for the both of us' They ran off hearing voices coming close.

____________________________________________

James has a point. How come Edward is never around when this stuff happens? What does the Mystery person mean that they're doing this for both of them?