Chapter 37- The Seed in Time

Start from the beginning

"I noticed it too." The Shogun hummed. "But this unfamiliar power that it released in the heat of battle, is beyond my understanding." "This blade belongs to Makoto. Perhaps it can only respond to me in its full glory, when I truly understand her, and believe in her and her ideals."

"You have my approval." There was a pause. "Your present will is not a product of erosion. I shall no longer hinder you in attempting to modify the rules." Walking right up to Ei, the Raiden Shogun crossed her arms and said, "From this day forth, this body will once again remain your assistant in your ideals of reaching eternity." Ei nodded, happy that her goal was achieved. "I shall also no longer design rules that cannot be changed. You used to represent my past, but from today onwards, you are me."

Walking past the Shogun, she said, "Makoto never saw me as a fearless weapon. Similarly, I too should not see you as a mere tool." With a raised eyebrow and a small smile playing on her face, the Shogun replied, "...Heh. You truly have changed. I suppose this is what humans call 'growth'. I understand... I shall become your shadow, just as once, you were Makoto's shadow. The duties I perform won't change- Huh?" She ended, confused.

Lumine POV

"Uh, why is the Musou Isshin glowing?" Xiao questioned. "Hmm, I suppose we shall have to wait and watch, no?" Lumine responded, observing the small purple orb that had formed in the air keenly. "Lumine, I request you not to speak like that. It reminds me of that kitsune Yae Miko, and she annoyed me to no end." "Ah so you have already met her, huh? Haha, I'm not surprised you are annoyed. She usually has that effect on people with short tempers." "Are you calling me short tempered?" He growled. She laughed, "Of course not!" But her laughter was interrupted by a most familiar voice, one she hadn't heard in millenia.

"Greetings, Ei, and all those who have come to bear witness." Spoke the voice of Makoto from within the orb. Makoto. The one whom the gods had told her dead. "I am Raiden Makoto, the previous Electro Archon, who failed in her duties, and scattered the pieces of Inazuma for you all to pick up." "...Makoto?" Ei whispered, her voice cracking. As for herself... she couldn't even find her voice. This was her only elder sibling, apart from Zhongli, who wasn't much older than her really. "I am so proud of you, Ei. You have come so far. I always knew you'd understand someday. I left a faint fragment of myself in the Musou Isshin, so that when you unleashed its full power, I too would be released."

Lumine finally found her voice. "...Makoto? Is that really you?" She asked, blinking away a slight wetness in her eyes. The voice paused. "Lumine-san?" Makoto spoke. "Yes..." Lumine said, not really knowing how to respond. "You are alive and well! Oh my, I am so happy today! We all thought you lost for millenia!" "Yes, I know. The others filled me in. But this is supposed to be your moment with Ei, so continue what you were saying. She coughed and continued. "Forgive me for reaching you in this way, Ei, but your ideas were so deeply entrenched at the time, that you wouldn't have listened to a word I said. The only way was to find a way to wait until the time came, but there was simply no time left for you to have a change of heart."

"But you never mentioned this to me..." Ei said. "Of course not. Everything had happened so suddenly, that I barely had any time to put my consciousness inside Musou Isshin before Celestia called me to fight."

"I felt terrible about what happened. I cannot sense time, so I do not know what has happened to Inazuma and to you. But, I'm sure that it must have been tough, and that at the hardest of times, you might have wanted to shed some tears." "... Don't look down on me." Ei said, eyes narrowing. She clearly didn't want to be embarrassed in front of Lumine, which made the situation a little more amusing. "See, you admit it. It was with this possibility in mind, that I left a small parting gift for you, to soothe Inazuma's pain. Here, take it. Before my final shred of consciousness fades away. But the final step must be taken by you and you alone..." With that, the small orb fell down into Ei's outstretched hand, transforming into a glowing purple seed in the process.

They could hear Makoto's voice echoing, "Grant it life, Ei." "Is this really-..." Ei murmured, staring at the seed in her hand. Closing her eyes in determination, she turned her hand and let it drop into the shallow water. A small action, but it instantly created large ripples in the shallow water, and sprouted up in fast motion.

From behind, Makoto's voice said, "Eternity extends time into infinity. Dreams illuminate each moment within-" Several foxes crowded around the growing tree, or were they kitsunes?"-The Sacred Sakura blooms from the darkness, finally free of the clutches of the heavenly principles.-" Almost like blueprints, lines of transparent buildings rose all around them, the sky turning a dark blue to reflect the night, blue stars glimmering in the darkness. "Now, the nightmare is dissipated, and reality is made whole. My only regret is not being able to witness Inazuma's future.-" The sakura tree grew to full size right before their eyes, bright pink blooms adorning the tree's many branches. "- And not being able to walk this journey with you. But this time, it really is goodbye, Ei..." With that, the purple orb that had still been floating turned into sakura blossoms, and rushed in a gust of air into the sky, disappearing from view. Ei's eyes full of tears, she held a hand to her heart and whispered, "Goodbye, Makoto." With all said and done, they leave Makoto's realm of consciousness.

..................

Lumine smiled happily to herself as they left the Grand Narukami Shrine, having relayed everything to Yae Miko. Xiao refused to come with, saying, and she quoted, "I have had enough of that kitsune's annoying nature to last me for a millenia." Of course, she and Ei laughed at this, which caused him to hasten his departure. But she supposed that now, it was time to end her trip in Inazuma, and return back to Liyue. After all, Zhongli and Venti were waiting for her, weren't they?

She teleported to Liyue Harbor, satisfied with the way things had turned out.

(2712 words

Holy Gods, just how much have I written this time, as compensation for my absence! It's been a while since I wrote such a long chapter lol, But I hope you like it! With the end of the Inazuma part of the story, this book is coming to an end within a chapter or two.... 

Oh, and I should perhaps warn you that the 5k special I'd been planning is gonna come out around the end of August, when my exams will end, so yeah, it's gonna be late. But on that note, goodbye and see you soon!)