Chapter 37- The Seed in Time

Start from the beginning

As the portal completed itself, she said, "Well then. Hop on in, and good luck saving the ones we both love. I'll stay outside and provide what stability I can, and be ready to respond if anything happens. I'm placing Inazuma's god, and Inazuma's saviour in your hands, Xiao." Okay, this serious side of Yae Miko was a hundred times better than her usual one.

.................

He crashed through the scary yet beautiful dimension of space time. Around him, he could see Inazuma but its timeline was reversed. Until the turbulence and chaos reached an extreme. As he held up a hand to cover his face from the extreme gush of wind on his face, he remembered what Miko had said. "Remember to constantly focus on your heartfelt wishes if you want to reach the right destination." So that's exactly what he did, thinking of Lumine and her sister, and thinking of his want to reach them.

It worked after all. As he hastily opened his eyes, the sounds of battle reached his ears. He saw the Raiden Shogun send a barrage of waves of electro towards Ei. It was swiftly blocked by a golden blade that once again glowed with the powers of cryo, hydro, geo, and anemo. Its owner seemed battered, so did the others. As she was targeted next, Lumine swiftly jumped back, her weapon swiftly changing into a hydro-infused arrow. It hit its target, and she was paralysed for a moment due to the electro-charged reaction. None of them seemed to have noticed him.

The Shogun teleported right behind, her polearm about to strike.

It was blocked by Xiao's own Jade Spear. That's when everyone finally realised that he was here. "....Xiao?!" Lumine and Ei exclaimed. The Shogun, too, looked surprised at this interruption. The battle seemed to have lulled temporarily, thank the Archons. "What are you doing here Xiao?" Lumine questioned. "And how have you not changed one bit after all these years?" "'All these years?' What do you mean?" He asked, brows furrowed.

"This moment can be compared to the moment when the laws of eternity were first established.Your will today is as strong as it was back then." The Shogun addressed Ei as they all turned to face her. "Over countless battles, not once have you lost or shown the slightest hesitation.Had I made all enemies of eternity stand against you, you still wouldn't have been deterred." "For your firm commitment to enforcing rules, you have my admiration too. You bring honour to the title of 'Guardian of Eternity'" Ei replied. Turning to Lumine, the Shogun said, "And you. Though not anyone related to eternity, your will is just as formidable and eternal. You too, make quite a great foe, and an excellent ally. Your powers and fighting prowess are far greater than I had thought. It was an honour to fight in battle against you." Lumine nodded. "Likewise. Like Ei said, your will too is as strong as any of us, perhaps even stronger." "Now that we have a spectator, let this be the final duel, conclusion to the battle that started 500 years ago."

'HOLD ON A SECOND. 500 YEARS?! WHAT ON CELESTIA?!' But Xiao knew well that this was not the time or place to speak. So he stayed silent, although it was hard.

"Final duel?" Ei said in some surprise. "So you are finally willing to conclude this battle? Then stand back, Lumine and Xiao." As she saw Lumine about to retort, she added, "For five centuries you have aided me in this battle. But this final one must be fought by me and the Shogun alone, for it is our dispute to be settled. Rest assured that if something extreme happens, then you are welcome to interfere. But only in the most extreme cases, which I hope will not happen." Lumine reluctantly retreated to the edge of the Plane of Euthymia.

............

(Yes, I am skipping the battle because I don't want to write that, and I wanna finish this quest in this chapter.)

"This is the end." the Raiden Shogun stated. "You have won. But a will that cannot be eroded has no way to embrace the future." "You needn't worry about the future, and you aren't alone.I know your power more than anyone else. Had I relied upon my strength alone, I would have lost this duel for sure." Ei replied calmly. "But recently, with my redefined goals and limits, somehow, I sense something unknown yet known stirring within the Musou Isshin. The blade that I inherited from Makoto, seems to be guiding me, encouraging me. But how?"