twelve. 27 MONTHS.

AFTER THEIR shower together, Rhys was quiet and avoiding any contact with Eddie as they were laying side by side in bed. "Eds?" Rhys whispers, turning his head and Eddie hums. "Yeah?" He whispers, looking back at the blond who's staring at him. "Are your dreams, like, okay?" Rhys moves to lay onto his side, facing the brunette completely.

"I always sleep okay when I'm with you." Eddie moved to face Rhys who just smiled, glancing down. "I hope those weird friends of yours figure everything out and kill this Vecna guy and... you'll be free." He whispers and Eddie furrowed his brows slightly. "I highly doubt that those buttheads will fix it... everyone thinks the same of me. The satan worshipping cult leader freak just for playing D&D so once my name is put out into the public, they'll believe it, that I killed Chrisy." He says and Rhys sighs, putting his hand to Eddie's waist. "Then I'll fix it. As best as I can." He promised the Munson.

"Yeah?" Eddie whispers and Rhys nods, staring into his brown eyes. "Yeah." He whispers, leaning closer and Eddie just smiled, closing the gap between them to connect their lips. The kiss is short and gentle, and when Eddie pulls back, he cuddled into Rhys' arms, putting his head against the blond's chest. "I meant it when I said I got you..." Rhys whispers, brushing his fingers gently through Eddie's damp hair.

When the two men fell asleep, they woke up around nine or so, still holding each other, but Eddie was the big spoon as Rhys was the little spoon. "Hey," Rhys flipped over, facing Eddie who had been softly rubbing a thumb over Rhys' toned stomach. "Hmm?" He hums and Rhys smiles. "Good morning... do you wanna go eat some breakfast?" He whispers and Eddie quickly nodded his head, smiling.

Today was different. Like Rhys was keeping his distance, he'd given Eddie his Hellfire shirt back, insisted he cook and bring over Eddie's food for him, which he did and they sat in comforting silence at the table, they watched morning cartoons getting high while sitting on opposite ends of the couch, and when it became afternoon, Rhys got bored and picked up the radio, switching it on.

"Hello, Dustin, do you copy? This is Dirty Harry reporting a mission report. Over." He said in a deep voice and Eddie glanced over, smiling faintly. "Hi, Rhys! Uh, we found a lot of good information actually, especially Nance and Robin who are on their way to Pennhurst Asylum and we're at the graveyard right now." Dustin replied back to him and he furrows his brows. "Why are you at the graveyard?" He asked and Dustin glanced over to where Max who's in front of her dead brother's grave.

"Oh, uh, crazy thing, but uh, Max is actually cursed..." Dustin explained and Rhys frowned deeply. "Oh, shit... really?" His tone got serious and Dustin sighs for a moment. "Yeah, but she'll be fine. Nance and Robin will figure it out." The Henderson replied. "Pause. Who the fuck is Nance?" Rhys asked suddenly.

"Nancy Wheeler. Ask Eddie, he probably knows her. I'll talk to you guys later, okay? Be safe and keep Eddie out of trouble!" Rhys rolls his eyes, shutting off the radio. He turned to Eddie, smiling a bit sarcastically, "so, who's Nancy? Why are you so popular with girls?" He asked and Eddie got flustered. "Wheeler? No, that's loser Mike's older sister... she's also apart of the journalist club and can be a little annoying." He says and Rhys tilts his head to the side. "Is she hot?" He asked and Eddie's face burns.

"What? That--that's irrelevant, she--she's Wheeler's sister." He says and Rhys just grins slightly. "Why so nervous to admit when a girl's hot?" He asked and Eddie glanced over. "You know... like--like, I'm gay, so... it's weird. I acknowledge the beauty that's there but it's not like I wanna fuck them the same way I wanna fuck you." He says and Rhys pretends to be enlightened. "Ah... right." He says and Eddie quickly glanced away.

"Um... what about you?" He asked awkwardly, glancing over and it just dawned on Rhys that this was the first time Eddie ever actually said he was gay, before he'd assume Eddie was straight and experimenting as most 20-something year old's do or whatever. But this had been happening for so long, neither of them ever clarified their sexualities or even discussed anything like it whatsoever.

"I like women..." Rhys says and Eddie glanced away, that look in his eyes showing that his heart just broke right then and there. "And men." Rhys leaned closer, his hand going on Eddie's thigh as the younger turns his face completely to look at him. "Oh." His face turns nearly as red as a tomato while Rhys pushed him down so he was laying, carefully holding the back of Eddie's head despite the fact his head falls onto a cushion.

"Eds. I like you." He whispers. "Me?" The Munson's slightly taken back and hopes that the Campbell can't hear how fucking fast Eddie's heart was currently beating. "Yeah." Rhys nods and Eddie just stared into his green eyes. "I l--like--" The brunette cut off with the blond's lips on his, Rhys didn't wanna waste another second because he's excited. He just told Eddie he likes him and Eddie told him he likes him back, or was about to tell him.

Eddie wrapped his arms around Rhys' neck, kissing back as he pulled him closer until their bodies pressed together and his legs are around Rhys' hips. "They probably won't show up for a while, right?" Rhys whispered to him when he pulls back and the Munson quickly nods in agreement. "Okay, come here." Rhys sat up, pulling Eddie up with him and setting him onto his lap. "Are you sure?" Eddie stopped both what they were doing, his hands on Rhys' shoulders as he scooted back on the Campbell's lap so he's sitting on his thighs.

"Sure about what?" Rhys softly rubs his hands up Eddie's thighs so the brunette quickly reached down to stop his hands. "About... about this, you, um, liking me? Because you've done this so many times while wasted from alcohol where you would cling to my side, make me feel all special and stuff, then act like I'm one of your bro's like Silas when you're sober." He says and Rhys' face just softened at that.

"I am sure about this, Eddie... I've always liked you. I just... never let myself indulge fully because, I--I don't know, I'd have these really sad or stupid dreams about my parents not accepting me or like others not accepting me or... you. But you already said it, you're gay. And don't like those girls you always mention." He explained and Eddie just laughed. "What?" Rhys asked and Eddie leaned into his chest, laughing even more. "What is it?" The blond asked and the brunette sat up, giggling.

"You wanted a clearer sign of me being gay than kissing you and letting you go as far as taking my virginity that night?" He asked and Rhys' face flushed red, shrugging. "I thought you were experimenting." He says and Eddie's eyebrows raised so far above his bangs. "For two whole years?" He asks and Rhys squints his eyes. "Has it really been two years?" He asked and Eddie just quickly nodded.

"27 months and counting." He trailed his hands from Rhys' hands on his thighs, up his arms to his shoulders. "Well... we can start counting a new one." The blond suggested and the brunette looks at him with furrowed brows, tilting his head to the side a bit. "You don't have to agree, but, um, we can... be boyfriends." He says, glancing down and playing with his bracelet again which Eddie glanced down at.

"Yeah..." He said, putting his hand in Rhys'. "Yeah?" The blond asked and Eddie nods softly, caressing the back of his hand before leaning in, connecting their lips. Rhys' arms wrapped around Eddie's waist, pulling him closer.

authors note i didn't originally plan for rhys and eddie to confess and get together but i'd be to upset with myself if they didn't. anyways i have the whole ending planned out already and i'm very excited for it 🫡