zero. DIRTY HARRY.

RHYS CAMPBELL had a pretty standard life, his parents weren't exactly rich, but they also weren't poor. Middle class. They lived in an okay-ish neighborhood. But Rhys didn't like home. He went through high school with good grades and his parents sort of expected him to go off to college when he was done.

But he just told them he'd had been making money, good money, of his own for a while, and found a place to live. So he left, hasn't spoken to them for the next 5 years that passed since he graduated, despite living in the same town and occasionally spotting each other in public places like grocery stores and such.

Rhys had a special career. Giving drugs to those who want to sell them. Or use them. It's been his side career since he was 15. He's gotten many buyers and "helpers" since then. His little empire had only grown since then, he gets very frequent loyal buyers and has about seven people selling the weed or hard drugs for him. It's a lot for a small town, but Rhys needed to make his money other than from just his job.

He works at a gas station. Stuck. In Hawkins instead of being off at some college. The one thing about Rhys Campbell not a lot of people know is probably that he's actually super smart. Sure, he was sort of stuck with forgettable dumbasses in his grade, but he was actually valedictorian. Probably the only thing his parents were ever proud of him for.

As of lately, things were going pretty well for Rhys, he has pretty good income and spends a lot of his time with this struggling addict, Nora, who comes by a lot just to get high on his couch and occasionally pass out on. It's either her, or this really annoying Senior in high school named Avery. Or occasionally, Silas, one of his sellers, along with Eddie Munson.

The people who come by his house the most other than his other buyers and sellers. "Oh, my God, dude, this strain?" Silas once again enters Rhys' humble abode by Lover's Lake, holding up the baggy of weed. "It's amazing and I've made so much on it alone." The boy rambled as he stood onto his knees in front of the drug dealer's coffee table, opening up his bag before putting a big bag of cash ontop of it.

"Jesus H. Christ, man." Rhys immediately sat up, suddenly uninterested in the movie, Back to the Future, playing on the tv as he puts out his cigarette on the ashtray. "Right? Did I do good?" Silas asked, grinning and Rhys raised his brows, opening up the bag of cash. "You did very well, my friend..." He says and Silas just glanced at the money, still grinning.

Rhys honestly doesn't know much about Silas, he never bothers to get to know any of them, Nora, or Avery either. Or anyone else for that matter, not even their last names, but he's noticed how clingy or needy Silas seems sometimes, asking how he did, basically asking for praise and Rhys sometimes feels like he's his dad or something like that.

He thinks the boy has parental issues, maybe the lack of parent figures or they're negecting fucks. Either one, Rhys felt bad for the kid. "Okay, wanna help me count?" Silas said as he walks around the coffee table to sit beside Rhys who just leaned back, "nah. You count it." He says, reaching for another cigarette.

Silas sighed, but listened as he took out the cash and started counting, organizing them into separate stacks as Rhys had taught him when he first started selling. "Today was pretty popular. Some girl wanted some, complaining about the pep rally today. Said that this Jason guy mentioned the people who died in the fire at the mall last year?" He says and Rhys glanced at him right away. He remembers that "mall fire incident", Nora talks about it a lot.

How she saw a big fleshy spider looking thing. That she watched it kill Billy Hargrove, how she shouldn't even be talking about it. But then she giggled, so Rhys brushed it off, thinking she was maybe tripping on the Special K she had taken, because not long after she laid, splayed out on the floor and passed out.