"I think I'll have a glass too," Lauren muttered under her breath before getting up.

-

Camila stared blankly at the television, her order of coconut walnut shrimp sitting cold on her coffee table. She had been waiting for a phone call from Lauren and the longer she found herself waiting, the more effort she had to put in to keep her eyes open.

It was nearing one o'clock and once it hit ten after, Camila shut off the television and padded to her bedroom. Sure, it was her fault for expecting Lauren to make time for her every single night, but she figured they were on a good track again.

One that hopefully would lead to the dark-haired woman being able to put her life together faster.

Tiredly, she lifted up her comforter and slithered into bed, a content sigh escaping her lips as she shifted around to get in a cozy position when her phone began buzzing insistently beside her.

She patted the bed until she found her phone, picking it up to see that it was Lauren calling. Giving it another few seconds to ring, she swiped her thumb across the bottom of her screen and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey," Lauren slurred. "I'm sorry for calling so late. My mom came over and then we ended up—"

"Are you drunk?"

A giggle could be heard. "A little,"

"Lauren," Camila smiled tiredly. "You should be enjoying yourself, not sneaking away to get on the phone with me."

"Well..." Camila could tell Lauren was pouting even though she was thousands of miles away. "I missed you. I wanted to talk to you."

"We talk all the time,"

"Not enough,"

Camila chuckled. "How was your day?"

"It would've been better if you were here,"

"I'm here now, aren't I?"

"Camz," Lauren whined. "I meant actually here. You're all the way in some foreign land where people talk funny."

"British people have feelings too, you know. Besides, Christmas is right around the corner. You'll be with me in no time."

"What if I want to stay? In Oxford, I mean. Would you let me?"

Camila sat up straight in bed and spluttered over her words. "I feel like you're not exactly in the greatest headspace to be making big decisions like this."

"I know what I want," Lauren murmured. "I want you. Don't you want me too?"

"Of course, I do. There's nobody else in this world that I want beside you."

"But do you mean that platonically? Because my mom said I should—"

"Lauren," Camila interrupted her mid-sentence. "I would let you stay. I'd let you do whatever you want as long as it meant you were happy. I don't think there's ever been anything platonic about us."

Lauren remained silent on the other side of the line before saying, "Let's get married,"

"I think you should go to sleep, Laur,"

"No, I think we should get married,"

"Why don't we talk about this when you're sober?"

"I am sober! I know what I want. And it's to spend the rest of my life with you."

"You haven't seen me in months. What if the spark isn't there anymore?" Camila argued. "You're drunk, baby. Even though I'm completely flattered by the fact you want to marry me, I think baby steps is a better approach for us."

"I love you. I don't want to be bitter, old, and lonely like my mom." Lauren's voice grew weaker. "You'll marry one day, right, Camz?"

"Yes," Camila dug her fingernails into the palm of her hand. "One day,"

-

She was late for class.

And of course, it was her last class before they ended the semester for winter break. Ever since their phone call last night, Camila had been actively avoiding Lauren in an attempt to clear her mind.

She knew that Lauren wasn't going to tiptoe around the subject of them getting back together once she touched down in Europe and she needed to decide what she wanted once and for all.

Huffing, Camila pushed through the lecture hall doors and managed to find the seat Vero saved her in the back. She pulled out her laptop as her phone buzzed with a text message.

Lauren (9:42 AM): I still want to marry you.

Lauren (9:42 AM): If that's what you want too, obviously...

Camila turned her phone off and slipped it into her backpack, directing her attention towards her professor when Vero nudged her in the side.

"Got any plans for Christmas? My mom wants you to come down for a few days."

"Unfortunately," Camila said quietly so nobody could hear her. "I have a lot on my plate already that day,"

-

I know updates aren't consistent compared to Faking It, but working a full-time job has definitely taken a toll on me. Nonetheless, thank you to everybody who is patient and understanding during all of this! I hope you all check out my other books as well. x