For my darling, I love you

You and Frank have been dating for a year. It's the year 1962. You two live together.
It's your birthday.

"Happy Birthday", a soft voice murmurs in your ear as the beam of ray through the window announces it's morning.

"Frank, let me sleep.", you move to the other side of the bed and drape the blanket over your face.

He puts his arms around you and starts singing, "Happy Birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday dear (insert your name)" in a loud voice.

"Frank stop it. Why won't you let me sleep?''

" Because it's your birthday." He flashes a boyish grin.

"What did you get me for my birthday?" You put your arms around his neck.

"Am I supposed to get you something?" He asks with a serious face and a sarcastic tone.

"Tell me, please !!! "

" It's a surprise baby. " He boops on your nose.

You get up to get ready for the day and Frank gets ready to leave for the studio.

"I'll be back soon." Frank kisses you goodbye.

In the evening, you get dressed up for what Frank has told you a candle light dinner for just the two of you.

Frank hasn't come home yet . Strange, you think to yourself.

He's always punctual.

As you go down the stairs to the hall , it's pitch black.
Why hasn't anyone turned the lights on , you proceed to switch it on

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" A crowd cheers.

Frank comes forward and kiss you on the cheek, "Happy Birthday baby. "

He has planned a surprise party.
How did he do it ?
When did he sneak all these people in ?
You marvel at his feat.

Among the crowd are your family, Tina, Nancy, Natalie Wood, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr, Quincy Jones and many of Frank's famous friends.

Everyone brought exceptional gifts and you have a great time at the party.

The party ends. You two are sitting at the patio, there's a full moon in the sky today.
"Thank you for everything Frank. I had a great birthday today. ''

"Anything for you. " He looks at you fondly.

"Look at the moon . Isn't it so beautiful?"

"Not more than you. " He shrugs.

"You're so adorable, you know that?" You squish his cheeks.

"Close your eyes, I have something for you." Frank says.

"Oh another surprise" you exclaim as you close your eyes.

You can feel Frank's hand in yours. He's tying something around your wrist.

"Now open "

It's a bracelet, a diamond bracelet. It's glistening under the moonlight.

It has marking on the other side,

For my darling, I love you
                 Francis.

" Oh Frank , I love you. " You hug him.

"I love you too. " He reciprocates it.

You feel his hand on your face pulling you closer to his mouth. You put your left hand on his waist. He kisses you. His lips are soft with a hint of cigerette smell. He moves down to your neck and kisses it.

"Francis" you manage to say.

"Yes ? "

"Let's go inside."

He scoops you up in his arms and carries you to the bedroom.

Frank knows how to romance a gal. He sure proved it right that day.