5

"Mu qing." He starts.

"Stop talking I'm going to sleep."

And since he's Feng xin, he doesn't. "Who did this to you?" He asks.

Mu qing clicked his tongue and cracked his eyes open. "What? The beast of course are you dumb?" He spats.

"Ling wen said you had an injury before your mission. That's what I'm talking about." Feng xin continued to probe.

And if that's his question, Mu qing could answer it quite easily. "It's from a mission 2 weeks ago."

Feng xin squints his eyes. That's not the whole truth. He thinks. But Mu qing did answer his question. Just, not quite the answer he's looking for.

Then, "Why were you avoiding me?"

That's what makes Mu qing quiet. He momentarily entertains the idea of closing his eyes and pretend to be asleep. But then it'll look obvious he's avoiding the question.

"It's got nothing to do with my injury." Mu qing only blurts out.

"Really? Then tell me, why would Pei ming expect me to feel guilty over your shoulder if I knew of the reason you were avoiding me for?"

"..." Mu qing went silent.

"Mu qing?"

"Just drop it Feng xin. It's over now. Why are you so eager to know anyways? So you can do it again to make me avoid you even longer?" Mu qing rolls his eyes. "No need. Just tell me and I won't approach you from now on." He huffs.

"Mu qing you can't..." Feng xin gave his hand a squeeze making him return his gaze to the man. "You can't just fucking avoid me out of fucking nowhere." Feng xin declares. His eyes prying Mu qing open.

"I told you to forget about it!"

"Tell me. The mission two weeks ago is fake right? That injury... It came from our fight instead. We had a bad fight also two weeks ago. That's it. Right?" Feng xin asked. He looked desperate. Mu qing doesn't know why.

"Stop being so full of yourself. You? Reduce me to such a state? Dream on." Mu qing retorted. It's true that he got his injury from a mission. That wasn't a lie.

"Then what?!"

"You just!" Mu qing inhales. "You just worsened it. Stop being so dramatic! It wasn't even that bad!" Mu qing finally snapped. It was his fault for fighting back in the first place knowing his shoulder isn't well. Feng xin doesn't have anything to feel guilty about.

Mu qing glanced at Feng xin when silence stretched out for more than two minutes just to see the man looking down their holding hands. His thumb caressing Mu qing's skin again. But he doesn't say anything.

"Feng xin?" Mu qing calls out. Warily looking at Feng xin who's face he couldn't see.

"What?"

"You-" Mu qing shook Feng xin's hand off of his and raised his arms. He tilted Feng xin's face up by raising his chin only to see the his eyes unfocused with building up tears. "What the fuck?! Why are you-"

"Shut up!" Feng xin exclaimed and slapped Mu qing's hand that attempted to cup his face. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"You looked perfectly fine that day! I wouldn't have fought you if I knew you were injured. Why'd you fight back?! Look at your shoulder right now. The slash and the claw marks from the beast isn't even that deep and yet your arms is already in fatal condition! That's because of me! I remember I pressed all the pressure down your right shoulder when I shoved you down the road that day! That's what worsened it right? How could you say it isn't even that bad? I worsened your condition by a hundred fold!" Feng xin exclaimed. He doesn't even realize the few drops of tears that escaped his eyes. He's clearly frustrated.