eleven. MIXTAPE.

RHYS RETRIEVED the clothes he had cleaned, tossing Eddie's hellfire shirt to him but the Munson just looked up at him, smirking slightly. "Can you try it on?" He asked and Rhys furrows his brows, dropping the laundry basket full of clothes by his dresser.

"Why?" He says and Eddie shrugs. "Just wanna see you in it..." He tossed back the shirt and Rhys touched the soft fabric gently, staring at the symbol before glancing up to see the Munson waiting patiently with a small smile so the Campbell sighed and grabbed the ends of the shirt. "Yay," Eddie excitedly clapped his hands and Rhys pulled on the shirt that fit properly on him because he and Eddie were about the same body build. "Happy?" He asked, crossing his arms and Eddie smiles big.

"Yes. Really..." He says, nodding and Rhys rolls his eyes, about to pull off the shirt. "No! No, no, you wear it and I'll grab something off yours." The Munson quickly got off the bed, only in his boxers and digged through Rhys' laundry basket as the blond watched with a small smile, fighting his excitement of sharing clothes adorable. Eddie digs out a blue button up shirt, pulling it on and keeping it unbuttoned.

"Can you pretty please... cook me something?" He asked when he stood up and faced Rhys who just sighs. "Yeah, I suppose I could..." He says but smiled faintly at the way Eddie was staring at him. In the kitchen, Rhys cooked up some chicken with potatoes and veggies. "Broccoli?" Eddie grimaced a bit and Rhys glanced to him. "You can't just live off burgers and pizzas and fries and shit, Eds." He says and Eddie shrugs. "I could try." He replied.

Rhys chuckled, shaking his head and Eddie stood behind him, pulling Rhys' hair back a bit before wrapping his arms around the blond, standing behind him with his head on the Campbell's shoulder. He closed his eyes for a bit and Rhys just kept cooking, his face becoming warm but he just blames it on the heat coming from his stove top where he's cooking. He plated up the food and turned off the stovetop before putting a hand over Eddie's hands on his stomach, "your food's ready..." He tells him quietly and the boy hums.

"Thanks, Rhys..." The two sat together on stools, eating at the counter and Rhys looks at Eddie. "Wanna have some beer?" He asked and the Munson glanced at him. "Do you have something stronger?" He asked and the blond smiled, getting up before opening his liqour cabinet, bringing over some vodka.

After they finished up their food, they just drank some shots together. Rhys turns slowly to face Eddie in his stool, reaching out to touch his arm. "What?" The brunette murmured, turning his head and Rhys just stared at him with hooded eyes. "Can I kiss you?" He whispers and Eddie just chuckled softly. "You never ask, or have to..." He tells him and Rhys sighs, leaning closer slowly. The way he's taking his time made Eddie Munson get so nervous.

The way his eyes are examining Eddie's face this closely, glancing down at his pink lips at the end before closing his eyes and pressing his own to Eddie's. The softness of the kiss that ends quickly because he pulls back. "Come on, let's listen to some music." He got up suddenly, grabbing the bottle of vodka. "O--Okay." Eddie says, unsure how to act.

In Rhys' room, they kept drinking shot after shot while a mixtape of songs by Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden and such was playing. Eddie actually made it all for Rhys one night, he took like a week composing which songs he figured Rhys would like. "Can I ask you something?" The blond asked as he laid by the brunette and Fade to Black played in the background, the music lowered by Rhys. "Yeah, go ahead." Eddie's sort of slurring by now as he was starting to feel tipsy.

"Why'd you make me a mixtape?" Rhys asked and Eddie laid onto his side. "Do you remember... that day I actually got the guts to ask you to hang out?" He says quietly and Rhys nods. Eddie was seventeen and he'd just turned nineteen. "Yeah." Rhys whispers and Eddie just smiled, shrugging softly.

"It's just... like, I was nervous to hang out with you, you had a whole different style than me and I was intimidated. Then I saw your records with basically the same taste of what I like, along with like Madonna, the Beatles and Bowie, and shit." He laughed and Rhys just smiles wider, glancing away. "Yeah, because I like my music to be diverse, I even listen to Queen." He says and Eddie giggles, bringing his hand up. "You remind me of Roger Taylor." He says as he touched his blond hair.

Rhys' eyes widen, that had to be the biggest compliment. "Stop." He says and Eddie just giggled some more. "You're... pretty like him." He says quietly as his fingers brush against Rhys' face gently. Rhys stared at him, his smile fading a bit as he realized how close they were to one another at the moment.

Thinking back on it now, the way seventeen year old Eddie acted... how did he not notice? Eddie fidgets with the hem of his jacket, one hand inside his pocket. "Why are you acting so weird? Come sit with me." Rhys patted the spot beside him on his couch. Eddie shuffled over and sat down awkwardly by him.

"What?" Rhys says, looking at him and Eddie took out his hand from his pocket, holding out a casette tape. "For me?" He asked and the Munson smiles softly, nodding. "Yeah, duh." He says and Rhys tenderly took the tape, raising the tape. For Dirty Harry it says making him chuckle before flipping it over to find a painting. "Oh, this is... this is pretty, thank you. Did you paint it?" He glanced at Eddie, looking away from the painting of the sunrise on what appeared to be Lover's Lake and the Munson smiled, glancing down as he was blushing.

"Yeah... I spent all day painting it." He explains and Rhys smiles, glancing back at the painting on the mixtape. "It's for your 19th, by the way. Happy belated birthday." Eddie says and Rhys chuckled softly. "Thanks..." Eddie raised his hands to either side of Rhys' face, gently brushing his thumbs against the blond male's cheekbones when suddenly Rhys sat up, "I--I'm gonna go shower." He says.

"Okay..." Eddie tried to hide his disappointment as he sat up, grabbing the bottle of vodka to do more shots and Rhys entered his bathroom to take a quick shower. He sighed as he stepped under the shower, closing his eyes when the warm water washed over his face. What he definitely didn't expect was Eddie coming into the washroom after him.

"Eds, you better not flush the fucking toi--" "I'm here to join you." Eddie quickly opened up the curtain, only standing there in boxers. "My God." Rhys whispers and Eddie took off his underwear, jumping in behind Rhys. "Can you wash my hair?" He whispers to the blond who turned around to face him. "What are we doing, Eddie?" He whispers and Eddie steps closer, grabbing the shampoo from behind Rhys. "Showering." He slurred and Rhys just stared at him. "Right." He turns around again.

authors note i wanna write angst but at the same time i really don't want to

+ i had a dream i was dating someone who looked like a mix of timothee chalamet and an old friend of mine. um anyways SO SORRY for the late-ish update, i forgot it was at 9 am again everyday 😭😭 my dumbass