"Um, hello?" Elaine rose a brow, "This is my house so wouldn't it be the Badger Den?"

     "Three Gryffindors versus two Hufflepuffs?" Mary countered, "Lion den! With two badgers to stay."

     Mary then looked over at Daisy and smiled, "I'm so glad we have another girl for our group!"

THE WINTER HOLIDAYS HAD ceased and the school was — to Daisy's dismay — in full swing. This meant that for fifth years it was time to focus and get their shit together for their O.W.L.S. Daisy who, until this moment was living in a blissful state of denial was freaking out a bit. She would've stayed in denial if it weren't for her favorite person ever, (can you sense the sarcasm?) Albus Dumbledore who unfortunately reminded all of the fifth year about these "useful tests".

When Elaine heard this news she gasped dramatically, pretending to pass out on Daisy's arm, who held a horrified expression. "They are already coming up?" Daisy had whispered, "But we have until June! It can't be already time to prepare?!"

Elaine sighed, "Unfortunately, it is time to prepare."

Daisy groaned, banging her head on the table. The Hufflepuffs around her gave judgmental glares as she was vibrating the table, making plates and goblets bounce around.

Elaine reached out to stop Daisy from potentially concussing herself saying, "Come on, Ixora! We got this! You, me, Mary. Our dorm with a bunch of snacks tonight and we can revise what we have." Elaine started, "that way we are doing everything in our power to be prepared."

Daisy blew air out of her mouth to calm herself, "Okay, okay." She breathed again. In through your mouth, out your nose. "I can do that!"

That night, the three girls sat in a circle with crisps and chocolate between them and papers sprawled out on every surface within a ten-foot radius.

So far, not much work had actually been done. They were more shoving their face with junk food and talking about their breaks.

"Yeah, my dad went all out this year," Elaine started, already starting to giggle, "He decided to surprise my younger siblings by dressing up as Santa."

"No!" Mary laughed, "Georgie really does loves Christmas. . ."

"Yeah! He then decided to shove himself down our chimney! Of course, our chimney is super small so he, uh, broke a part of it. Mum was fuming!"

All three of them burst out into laughter. Daisy had taken a pillow to her mouth to muffle the sound of her cackle. "Oh no," Daisy said, wiping a tear from her eye. "Did you guys get it fixed?"

"Not yet. My parents can't figure out how to call the muggles to get it fixed. Mum won't let Dad fix it with magic because she keeps on saying 'You need to learn your lesson!'".

"Poor lad," Mary sighed.

She then looked over at Daisy, "Okay so now that we are going to be besties, Flower — I can call you that right? — I need to know who you like. I know who Elaine likes, that Amos boy. And I like Mckinnon. . . So who do you fancy?"

"Nobody."

Mary eyed her, "Please, that was only a formality, everyone knows you fancy Black!"

Daisy's heart dropped at that. Did that mean everybody knew? Like everyone including Regulus himself? She thought. "I do not fancy Sirius."

"Not Sirius, his little brother."

     "I have no idea what you're talking about," Daisy hummed as she popped a crisp in her mouth. She was not interested in talking about fancying Regulus. Which was a surprise for her because normally she would jump at any opportunity to talk about him. "I do not fancy Regulus." She finished.

     Mary's face brightened as she pointed at Daisy sitting across from her. "Aha!" She squealed, "You are totally lying! Elaine, it seems we have a liar within our group."

     "Tsk, tsk," Elaine shook her head.

     "I totally get it though. . ."

     "Black is attractive!" Elaine finished for her.

     "I'm being serious!"

     "Mhm," they eyed her.

     Daisy groaned laying her back down on the ground as she covered her face in pure embarrassment, "was it that obvious?" She dared to ask.

     "To anyone with working eyes, sweety." Mary nodded, laying down next to Daisy. "But, we all fancy someone so nobody judges you. Besides, we're all used to it by now so nobody really talks about it."

     "Apparently Black doesn't have eyes, he doesn't seem to notice you pining, so that is lucky!" Elaine added with a full mouth of chocolate.

     "I'm so pathetic!" Daisy cried, "I've been obsessed with him for like ever!"

     "Okay, okay," Elaine tried to console her, "It is fine. Nobody talks about it, and it is not that obvious! We are all just really perceptive."

     "Are you lying to me?"

     "Yes."

     "Thank you."