Chapter 8

At the hospital:

"But are you sure you're alright? I mean, you look wiped and bruised." Tally asks with worry while holding onto Raelle's hand.

"Yes, Tal. I'm fine, just a few scratches and some headache. I'm pretty sure my car looks worse than I do." Slight uncomfortable chuckles comes from the blonde.

"I'm going to find that dude and make him beg for mercy." Abigail clenches her jaw and forms fists. "He'll watch out more next time." The brunette cuffs up her sleeves.

"Whoa, Abs. Chill, I'm really okay and that guy is going to pay what he deserves. We don't need to hunt him down." Raelle tries to calm down her sister before she could do something stupid.

Tally sighs and gives the blonde a small smile. "I'm really glad you didn't die there." Red head squeezes Raelle's hand that she's holding.

"Yeah, that would be trash, shitbird." Abigail adds and Raelle scoffs with a small chuckles.

"Oh, you'd love to get rid off me, Bellweather." Collar jokes and softly kicks Abigail's calf.

"Jokes on you, no idea how much." The three of them laugh lightly at the play between each other. Their bond is truly unbreakable even if it means one of them being away.

*

"How could she just dump me like that? Was it all just about the sex?" Picks out Raelle's number once again and tries to call her partner but the phone's shut down.

Scylla walks back to her car with a car full of healthy salads and vegan meat. She also grabbed a few cups of ice cream to eat over her disappointment.

The brunette puts the stuff in the trunk and gets behind the wheel. "I'm just so stupid, so dumb." Scylla mumbles while driving off from the supermarket's parking lot.

Ramshorn heads to her apartments and once in, sets down the groceries. She walks around the house and watches her father sleep in his bed for a few seconds. "Goodnight, dad."

Walking back to the kitchen after closing the bedroom's door, Scylla unpacks the bags and opens first cup of ice cream. "Well deserved depression ice cream." She grabs a spoon from the cupboard and sits down on the couch.

Scylla turns on the TV and starts watching the first movie that pops out. It's an old romance movie. "Why can't I get someone like this?" She tears up over her snack.

Wiping away some tears and liquid coming down from her nose, the brunette pulls a blanket over herself. The moodiness surely comes from the pregnancy, or does it?

*

"I'm sorry for you, Miss Collar but you need to stay here until tomorrow afternoon. We have to watch over you through the night. There may be some damage done on your brain." The doctor informs Raelle.

"Oh, that we know already, doc. Now let's get her out of here before she gets some serious mental problems." Abigail starts ready to leave the hospital with both of her friends.

Tally smashes the back of the brunette's head and shakes her own at the girl. "It's serious, Abigail. Stop being a Bellweather for a minute and think of your sister."

"It's okay, Tally. It was kind of fun at the end of the day. I guess, I have to sleep in the hospital bed tonight. Don't miss me too much." Raelle gets up and hugs both of her sisters before letting go.

"Hold on, Rae. Don't let them take you!" Abigail calls from the hallways with a small wink. Tally and her leave the building letting out an relieved exhale. "At least she's fine."

*

Next morning at the police station:

Scylla's looking around the place for her partner but can't find Raelle anywhere. "Oh, what the heck's going on with you? This is bullshit." She finally drops down in her chair.

Anacostia looks at the girl and quirks a brow at the brunette. "Wanna talk-"

"Nope, I'm just naive, horny, pregnant woman that got her ass dumped twice." Scylla looks through the same files for the 3rd time this day.

"Damn it, Ramshorn. You're in love with her, I could tell when I saw you and Vira fight over that blondie." Anacostia chuckles lightly at her friend and slides on a chair towards Scylla's desk.

"Take her name out of your mouth. I don't want to hear anything about my ex, got it?" The brunette points her pen at the older woman. "They fucked too..." she mumbles at the end and looks down into the files while blushing slightly.

"Are you kidding me?! And you let her touch you? You must have been in deep desperation then." Anacostia feels kind of bad for the girl and sighs.

"She said I'm better in bed though. Should I believe it if I called her yesterday because I needed help and she didn't show up after saying that she will come?" Scylla hears how stupid it sounds saying out loud.

Quartermain laughs at her friend. "Maybe you're overreacting because of the pregnancy. Honey, you shouldn't worry this much. Maybe everything's okay and she just needs a small break from you. You're quite intense, usually."

The brunette leans over the table and smacks Anacostia in the face with a folder. "That's rude. Stop throwing everything on being pregnant. I can be annoying with out having a baby."

Scylla laughs and Anacostia joins her after a few seconds. Alder looks out through window in her office and smiles at the two getting along well again. Their small reunion after the years brings joy to both of them.

*

"Hello! Can anybody sign me off from here? I'm bored as hell and I've got an important job to do." Raelle sighs standing by the reception. She's looking around seeing no one nearby.

"Ah, fuck it." The blonde just grabs her stuff and leaves a sticky note for whoever was going to sign her off.

Raelle leaves the hospital and heads towards her apartment to get some rest not really thinking about going to work today. She stops at her favorite restaurant and buys something for dinner.

On the way back home, the blonde thinks of the way that her face looks. She wonders if Scylla would like it. Then realizing that she's been quiet and probably dumped the girl yesterday Raelle stops in her tracks.

"Damn it." She pulls out her phone ready to see messages and call from the brunette but there's nothing. "Should I worry? Probably not." Still not convinced what she should do, Raelle puts the phone back into her pocket and continues walking towards home.

Reaching her building, Raelle walks upstairs and opens the door to her apartment. She sets down the food she bought and rests down on the couch for a minute. "It's been quite a day, huh?"

She says to herself before turning on something to watch while munching on her favorite Italian dinner. "This thing just gets better and better every next time I buy one." The blonde hums with closed eyes.

A soft knock comes from the door and Raelle snaps out of her dream. She looks at the time wondering who would bother her this late. She didn't order anything nor asked anyone to come over.

"Coming!" Raelle calls from the hallway making a beeline to the door to open them for the unknown guest. "Good-"

She cuts off when sees an angry expression on Scylla's face who's standing in the door way with arms crossed on her chest. "Not so good."

The brunette just walks inside without asking for a permission. "Yesterday, I get it. Maybe you just needed more time to think or whatever is inside your head." Scylla starts not really caring what she's talking about.

"You left me on a parking lot, I was waiting for you for over an hour. You didn't text or called me. I mean, you could've said something right?" Ramshorn shrugs and walks around the blonde's apartment as if she's looking for something.

"What even are we? One time you're sweet and charming, other time you're sexy and playful. Then you push me away or dump my ass. Was it all just about fucking? Cool, let's do that." Scylla starts unbuttoning her shirt and Raelle walks over to the brunette.

She puts her hands on her partner's and stops the girl from undressing herself. "Scyl, calm down. I think you're overreacting." Raelle admits which causes Scylla's blood to boil inside her.

"What? I'm overreacting?! I freaking let you have sex with me, then I kissed you, I came here to see if you're alright, but I can't just stay quiet when you're playing with me like this. Was she here?" The brunette asks getting more into some insane theories.

Raelle feels as if someone was tearing her heart apart. "Who was here? Your ex? No. I just got home from the hospital because I had an accident yesterday...."

Scylla scoffs with a snort and a hint of sarcasm. "Yeah and I'm pregnant." She laughs sarcastically at the girl before she looks at Raelle who's expression didn't change.

"I'm not joking, Scylla." The blonde feels how a shiver runs down her spine thinking back of what could've happened if the car that hit her was driving faster.

"Me neither." Ramshorn keeps laughing lightly until she feels how tears start to come up into her eyes. "Me neither..." the brunette looks over at her partner with watery eyes biting her bottom lip trying to keep herself together.

Raelle stares at Scylla before realizing that the girl's only seconds from breaking down. "Hey, don't cry..." she says softly and walks closer to the brunette. "I'm sorry I didn't let you know about this. I guess I was in shock afterwards..."

Scylla wraps arms around her partner pulling the girl into a tight hug while crying into her shoulder. It's been tough to hold in every emotion that wanted to come out of her ever since she started puking.

"Tell me about it. Did someone hurt you?" Raelle sits down with Ramshorn and gently moves hair out of Scylla's face. "It's okay." She rubs the brunette's back.

"N-no, um- it was a m-month ago... I've been d-drinking then." She admits about her problem and the way that she got to carry a child.

"Well, do you know who the father is? Maybe he can help you with everything." Raelle's still hoping that the person that got her partner pregnant would take great responsibility in taking care of the baby.

"It's a local drug dealer, Porter. I'm so sorry I should've told you about this before we got closer. I'm so stupid." Scylla starts hitting herself in the head lightly and a firm hand stops her.

"Hey, look at me." Raelle picks up the brunette's chin with an index and middle finger. "This doesn't change anything between us. I'm here for you, Scyl. I really am." The blonde pulls the girl in a hug and kisses the top of her head.

"Thank you..." Scylla whispers into Raelle's ear cuddling her face into the crook of her partner's neck. Smelling the hypnotizing scent of the blonde again makes Ramshorn relax slightly.

The brunette pulls away from the hug and looks into Raelle's eyes as deep as she can reach. Her eyes flicker down to her partner's lips and Scylla notices a small bruise. "You've got something on your lip."

Collar snaps out of the stare she was sharing with Scylla and licks her lower lip forgetting it will prickle. She hisses slightly and looks down at the brunette's perfect lips. "Yeah, um- it's from the crash."

"Can I-?" Ramshorn leans in slowly and Raelle nods wanting so badly to connect their lips already. "I think this should help numb the pain." Scylla softly kisses the blonde's lips.

Raelle tries to hide that even the softest lips can hurt her. She cups both of Scylla's cheeks not wanting to let go as the kiss lingers. She pulls the girl into another one feeling how a single tear streams down her cheek because of the burning feeling on her cut.

The brunette pulls away and licks her lips still with closed eyes. She rests her forehead against Raelle's not wanting to let go of this moment. When she opens her eyes finally she notices how painful the kiss must have been for the girl.

"I'm sorry." Scylla whispers and wipes the tear away. She shifts slightly in her seat feeling bad for being mad at her partner.

"No, baby. It was so beautiful."

Ramshorn leans closer into Raelle's palm that's cupping her cheek. She kisses the girl's palm and cuddles into her hand. "Can I stay over? I won't be able to fall asleep alone, tonight."

The blonde only nods giving her partner the softest smile she can create. She turns to the side putting an arm around Scylla who's now cuddling up into her side.

"Did you really want to have sex with me like this?" Raelle couldn't hold it in and asked. She smiles softly and winces when Scylla elbows her ribs. "Ow, you little-."

"If you lead the way somewhere... I think I'd fall for it again. You're pretty charming for your age." The brunette chuckles lightly and kisses her partner's cheek. "You still have to pay me off someday for yesterday's archive play."

"Fine, next time when we need to get something from the basement I'm going to give you a nice ride to tongue town. Does that sound cocky enough?" Raelle quirks a curious brown at the girl.

"Cocky and too cheesy." Scylla chuckles and rests her head on the blonde's shoulder. "Thank you for helping me so much. I really would be crying now without you." Ramshorn admits and sighs.

"It's going to be okay. Maybe you should try to inform that guys about the baby. He needs to at least know. I'm going to help you if you want me to be by your side." Raelle says as if it was nothing and shrugs.

"Is it your crazy way to ask me to be your girlfriend because if yes then I'm into it. You crazy as shit hot piece of cop." Scylla pecks the blonde lips and Raelle hums into the kiss.

"Yeah, I'll take that as a compliment." She smiles to herself in a small victory relieved that they both expressed their feelings. She cuddles the girl more into herself enjoying every second spent with the amazing brunette.