twenty two

"You four, run!" Flora said lowly, pushing the children by their shoulders to begin moving, all five gasping in fright.

Flora was right behind them, her concealed guns out and now in her hands. She was fully prepared to shoot for these kids.

"How did they find us?" Lucas hissed, eyes narrowed as the group tried to escape the school without being caught.

"I don’t know, but they knew we were in the gym."

Dustin gasped. "Lando."

As the five continued to quietly move through the halls, their fears rose when the door in front of them opened, revealing a flashlight and government agent.

"Got ’em!" Growled the agent as Flora turned, pushing the kids to do the same.

"Go, go, go, go, go!" 

"Come on!" Lucas urged as the five ran back the way they came, panic stricken.

Agents were following from behind, yelling and trying to get the group to stop or at least slow down.

"There they are. Freeze." The direction they'd came from now also had agents pooling from the doors, guns pointed at the four twelve-year-olds and the sixteen-year-old.

Flora pushed the kids again, her words being identical to Mike's. "Back! Go back!Go, go! Go left!"

The group did as ordered, coming to a final halt as another gang of agents appeared, a woman in the centre, glaring at Eleven and the others, gun pointed and ready to fire.

Mike, Dustin, and Lucas turned to see more armed agents behind them, realising that they were surrounded. Flora looked at Eleven with concern in her eyes, the younger girl raising her palm to use her abilities, glaring at the woman with the raised gun.

It was silent for the most part, Eleven concentrated while Flora and the boys were shell shocked at the sight in front of them.

Blood was beginning to emitt from the agents around them, specifically from their eyes and noses. Some were also bleeding from the ears.

Synchronised, the agents fell dead, Eleven also falling seconds later. Mike raced over to the girl, pulling her into his arms. The others weren't far behind, peering down in concern.

"El, are you okay? El!" At no response, Mike looked to Flora. "Something’s wrong."

Dustin shrugged it off. "She’s just drained."

Mike disagreed, "No, no, no, she won’t wake up. El! El!"

Flora was fearful for the girl, but could not show it in fear of making the kids anymore worried. "Check for a pulse." She ordered, eyes set on the boy who was holding Eleven.

"She’s barely breathing." Mike notes in response to Flora's order, nervous.

Lucas turned to Mike. "We gotta go."

Before anyone in the group could move, a new person turned the corner. It was a man, who seemed to be in control. More men were behind him, again having guns.

"Leave her." His eyes surveyed the group, gaze landing on Eleven. "Step away from the child."

"No!" Mike exclaimed, stepping in front of Eleven, the others right behind him. "You want her, you have to kill us first."

Flora raised her guns once more, smirking. "Fat chance."

Dustin nodded frantically. "That’s right!"

"Eat shit!" Lucas added, grinning with arrogance.

Before they could react, agents grabbed them from behind, Flora managing to put her guns back into their holsters before the agent could take them from her hands.

Blocking out all of the "No"'s and "Get off"'s, Flora focused on getting out of the hold she was in. Shoving her head back, the agent grunted as the back of Flora's head connected with his face, her shoulders barging his and her legs frantically kicking his shins, lifted from the ground.

He didn't let go, much to Flora's distaste. He eyes then refocused, connecting to what the man was doing with Eleven.

He held her with a care that Flora doubted was genuine, his tone soft yet urging. "Eleven? Eleven, can you hear me? Eleven?"

The girl had now regained consciousness, weakly looking at the man. "Papa?"

He was cradling her, infuriating Flora. "Yes, yes, it’s your papa."

Mike grunts, letting out a yell. "Get off of me!"

"I’m here now." Eleven's 'Papa' continued, making Flora groan.

"God, you're a total dickhead, I hope you know that!"

"Let her go! Let her go, you bastard!" Mike continued to yell, Eleven beginning to whimper.

The Doctor continued. "Shh, shh, you’re sick.
You’re sick, but I’m going to make you better. I’m going to take you back home, where I can make you well again. Where we can make all of this better, so no one else gets hurt."

Eleven tried to escape his hold. "Bad." She looked at what he had ordered his men to do to Mike, Lucas, Dustin, and Flora, "Bad."

She began to thrash, reaching out her arm for Mike. "Mike. Mike." A grunt escaped her lips, "Mike."

The electricity then began to fault, lights flickering. Flora's eyes widened, an idea of what was going on already setting into her mind.

Mike also knew what was going on. "Blood."

Lucas' head swiveled over to look at Mike. "What?"

"Blood." Mike repeated, tone filled with certainty.

The group, still entrapped by the agents, watched as the wall at the end of the hall began to shake and crumble, the slimy skin of the Demogorgon being visible through the cracks.

Once it was fully visible, Dustin grimaced. "Demogorgon."

At this point, the agents let go of the four to fight the monster, Flora immediately turning away from the scene as she knew the boys could carry Eleven.

Instead, she grabbed one of the heavier guns the agents had been using, plucking one from the floor and holding it in her arms.

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Mike motioned as he ran past Flora, Dustin carrying Eleven and Lucas supporting her head.

As the men shot at the Demogorgon, Flora stood her ground, making sure the kids were all past her before she moved.

"Flora, come on, come on." Mike insisted, the girl nodding and beginning to skate backwards, eyes trained on the monster.

"Go, go!" Lucas repeated, grabbing Flora as the creature lunged for the Doctor from the lab.

"Oh, Jesus." Lucas mumbled as the group raced through the school, escaping the Demogorgon and avoiding the gunfire.

"Come on, come on!" Flora made sure the kids kept moving, breathing shallow breaths.

"Oh, my God!"

The agents were yelling in the distance as they neared a classroom, Mike rushing in, Lucas holding the door as Dustin brought Eleven through.

"Sorry. Hold on, we’re almost there. We’re almost there." Dustin was panting as he brought Eleven through the door, Flora immediately creating a barricade as she sighed in short lasting relief.