four

Steve and Flora sat at the Harrington kitchen counter, Steve downing a cup of coffee and a waffle whilst Flora was drinking tea and eating a bagel.

"Did you know your parents were going on a business trip?" Flora asked Steve as they ate, head tilted in curiosity.

"No," Steve told her between bites, "but you know what that means? A party. At your place or mine, we can decide later."

Flora danced in her seat. "A partyyy!" She sang, "And on a Tuesday!" She giggled mockingly.

Steve smacked her on her forehead, causing Flora to nearly choke on her food. "Hey!"

"Let's go." Steve ushered Flora to leave, the pair ready to drive to school like every other day.

Once they were at Hawkins High in their usual parking space beside Tommy's car, Steve and Flora told Tommy and Carol about their two empty houses.

"Your house is bigger." Tommy pointed to Flora, "But you have a pool." Tommy finished, pointing to Steve.

"I'm down for a party at Steve's." Carol agreed.

"He just wants to get laid." Flora then pointed out, nudging Steve teasingly and then high fiving Tommy.

The group of four then entered the school, walking down the halls in hoping of finding Nancy Wheeler. They did, and unsurprisingly she was with Barbara, studying for the chem exam they had in ten minutes or so.

As she was mid-answer to a question Barbara was quizzing her with, Steve took the flashcards from Barbara's hands.

"Hey!" Nancy complained at Steve taking the revision flash cards, Steve rolling his eyes at Nancy's attitude whilst Tommy licks his finger and pokes it into Barbara's ear.

"Sorry about that." Flora muttered to Barbara as she went past, going to stand beside Steve while Tommy and Carol leaned against the wall of the High School.

Steve looked at the flashcards, shuffling through the cards. "I don't know, I think you've studied enough, Nance."

"Steve," Nancy said weakly, cut off by Steve continuing.

"I'm telling you, y'know, you've got this. Don't worry."

"I agree Nancy, you've spent so much time on this." Flora nodded along to Steve's words. "You're going to ace this."

"Now on to more important matters." Steve grinned, Flora, Tommy and Carol doing the same. "My dad's left town for a conference and my mom's gone with him, cause, y'know, she doesn't trust him."

"Good call." Tommy inputted, laughing at his own joke.

"So are you in?" Flora finished, raising a curious eyebrow at the girl.

Nancy was confused. "In for what?"

Carol giggled. "No parents? The choice between Flora's big house or Steve's big house with a pool?"

Nancy realised what the group was on about. "A party?"

"Ding ding ding!" Carol and Flora chorused, Carol's tone more mocking where Flora's was celebratory.

"It's Tuesday." Nancy pointed out, confused that they'd be having a party on a Tuesday.

Tommy sniggered. "It's Tuesday! Oh, my God." Steve hit Tommy for laughing, Flora nudging Carol for her small giggle.

Steve began to convince Nancy, speaking softly in hopes of her coming. "Come on. It'll be low key. It'll just be us. What do you say? Are you in or are you out?"

Before Nancy could respond, Carol spoke up I'm distaste. "Oh, God. Look."

At her words, the group all turned to see what she was on about, seeing Jonathan Byers putting up a missing poster for Will.