Chapter 21

~~~~~~~~~~

"I think I just had a really weird dream..." I mumbled, wiping my eyes.

"Oh, my sweet girl. Do you want to talk about it?" 

"Well, you had died when I was really young... and I was living alone in this weird place..."

~~~~~~~

A Dream, A Nightmare

~~~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

The doctor walked in, surprised to see me awake. "So you're awake, Anabelle! Glad our new strategy worked out well."

I looked at him questionably and he smiled. "You were in a coma, Miss Anabelle. For almost seven years."

"I had the strangest dream." I said, looking at both of them.

The doctor nodded. "It's common for comatose patients to dream or even hear things while in a coma, although some don't remember." He said. All I could think about was how the doctor looked strangely like Mr. Kenny from my dream.

"We're just going to keep you for a few more days until we know for sure your body can handle itself. Okay?" 

I nodded, trying to get comfortable in the bed. Seven years? That means I'm twenty three. Wait what's the date? That calendar... December? So I am twenty three. The only problem is that while I spent seven years with wolves and elves and whatnot, my body was here. I looked down at my entirely skimpy body.

"Don't worry Sweetcake. You'll gain more weight after they start feeding you real food instead of the IV liquids." Mom smiled and went back to the magazine she opened.

"You came to see me." She looked up and nodded. "After seven years you were still coming?"

"Always."

~~~~~~~

A FEW DAYS LATER

I woke up in my room. My mom insisted on me living with her, especially since I still had the brain of a sixteen year old, technically speaking.

"Anabelle!" She called from downstairs. "Breakfast is ready!"

I walked down the unfamiliar steps. I had a distant memory of being here, but most of it was of my dream. What had even happened that made me dream something that vivid? She had set out a full breakfast of pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash-browns, fruit, and orange juice.

"Here, eat up. The doctor said you need to gain some weight." She said, dropping a bunch of food on my plate.