Chapter 20

~~~~~~~~~~

But now I had new problems to be concerned with. I was merging with myself?

I was also wondering what everyone in Avalon would think. The Timekeeper — my second mate? It's never happened before. For a person to have two mates. My mother fell in love with someone who wasn't her mate, but she didn't ever have two mates.

I would need to contact her for this. But I've never contacted her before. She always came to me. How would I contact a ghost?

~~~~~~~

Confusion

~~~~~~~~

(Octavia's POV)

I could tell word had spread about this new mate Ana had brought home with her. The people at Avalon seemed furious. With every right to be. He had killed off over half our population. And for what? Some lost love?

Aiden had been following me all day. He had been looking for the right time to confront me, I could tell. So I made myself look busy. Kept several people around me so I wouldn't have to explain, though somewhere deep down I knew he would find a right time.

It had been several days since Ana brought that Alex guy here. He was locked in the dungeon, while the council and Ana tried to figure out what to do with him.

Most were in favor of his death, but Ana had feared his death would disrupt time, and who knows what that'll do to our beloved Avalon. That was what was in my mind when Aiden stopped me in the first empty corridor I had been in since that day.

"You're avoiding me." He said simply, stepping out of the shadows.

"You're following me." I replied with the same vagueness. I had my armor on, from training that day, but unfortunately I had left my sword there to be sharpened. And now I felt vulnerable.

"What was that?" He asked, looking at me with concern.

"What was what?" I said, playing dumb.

"You know what I mean."

"Maybe its safer if you don't get into this." I pushed passed him, towards Ana's room, in hopes of veering him away from the war-path he was headed on.

"Running to my wife isn't helping your cause." He whispered.

"Talking about this isn't helping yours."

"Octavia..."

"Octavia!" Aia shouted, coming out of Ana's room.