Tricks

As I stood there watching Arisu walk away, I noticed her hat on the table. It appears that she forgot about it; I will return it after class. I grabbed her hat and stared at it for a few seconds.

"What a fascinating individual."

"You two are so adorable; you look like a couple."

With a puzzled expression, I gazed at Horikita. Couple? We just met, and she's having that kind of thought?

"What do you mean, Horikita? Arisu and I just met, we're friends."

"Whatever you say dude, you two just met and you two are already close... What will happen in a week or months?"

Sudo, too? Wait... I was so preoccupied with Arisu that I didn't even notice them. That's why they're saying it. It's because I ignored them. That has to be the cause.

"I'm sorry guys, I was trying to get some information from Arisu and didn't notice the two of you."

"Yeah, you really enjoy talking to her and eating shrimps."

"I'm sorry, but I have a plan on how to be Class D's leader."

"Wow, you thought of a plan while conversing with her; you're not distracted by having a pretty girl near you."

"I'm not a pervert, Sudo; you two are also involved in this plan. I'll need Horikita's frigid demeanor and Sudo's loud mouth."

"Tch, I'll bury myself alive if those fools don't change after your plan,"

"Don't worry Horikita, I'm confident that this idea will succeed."

"Hmmp! It better be."

I then explain my strategy to them. Sudo was a little excited, and Horikita was Horikita as always. To make this plan a success, I need the assistance of one of the most popular male in class... Yosuke Hirata

"If they don't behave foolishly, it will work."

"Leave those guys to me, Ayanokoji; if they oppose you, I'll beat them up."

"It's not really required, Sudo, but thank you... Let's go back to class for the time being, I still need to speak with Hirata."

The three of us return to the classroom; I seek for Hirata and see him surrounded by girls; well, that's the most popular guy for you. He spotted me staring at him and I gave me a meaningful look.

He starts to excuse himself to the girls and walks towards me.

"Hey, you're Ayanokoji right?"

"Yeah, I'm here to make a deal with you."

I then tell him about the class competition, ranking, and the system overall. I also emphasized that I want to be the class leader for the greater benefit. I told him that I needed him to make this plan work because practically everyone in the class likes him and it will make my job simpler to persuade them.

I noticed his shocked expression. He surely couldn't believe what I said. He's probably wondering if it's true or not.

"Are you certain this is accurate?"

"I and the class representative of class A Sakayanagi Arisu come up with that theory; it's better to be prepared than naive."

"I see... Ayanokoji kun, I'll help you."

"Thanks then... See you later."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It's now class dissmisal, and Hirata is staring at me. I nod to him, indicating that I will begin the plan. I then turned to Sudo, who nodded in answer. I get up and walk in front of the classroom, followed by Horikita and Sudo.