Chapter 10

My eyebrows rose as I my mind met another's. It was different, though. I wasn't the one who had instigated the contact. But the contact felt different.

"What's going on?" I whispered. It was still just Shekraan and I in the room. There was nobody else, but obviously someone else's presence was here.

Then shape moved in the shadows, a man stepped out to join us and the presence in my mind strengthened.

"Who are you?" I inquired, taking a half step forward.

"You don't know? You're not a delver, are you?" he chuckled. His short brown hair looked wind-tossed but I wondered if it was partially natural. It seemed to fit the 'I know everything and I am kind of a bad-boy' air I got from him. "My name is Rensles" The name rolled off his tongue instead of some of the broken-sounding names that I had heard here in my short time back. Perhaps I was too used to English after a few centuries on Earth.

"There's more mindwalkers." I was somehow amazed, not thinking that Shekreen would have been able to find one in so short a time, but maybe I was wrong. I had been away for the last eighteen years, so it could have been at any time.

But as fast as I had met him, he was also disappearing. He wasn't turning around and running out the door, but rather just...disappearing. He was vanishing before my eyes, his form seeming to disintegrate before me so I expected to see a pile of ash at my feet where he stood. However there was nothing. No ash, no person with a gun in front of me with his gun smoking from having freshly shot Renseles in the back, and no mindwalker. I tentatively put a hand through the area where he had just stood. It was warm, meaning he had been Transported, much like in Star Trek.

I heard the buzz of a holo-cam starting up before a hollowly recorded voice said behind me, "You think I don't know what you're doing? Rensles is here, with your father, but it won't be easy to get him back. Someone will get hurt in order to get here and one will die to rescue the mindwalkers. Do not come alone, but instead come with one who knows your situation well, one whom you are not afraid to sacrifice. IF you come along, prepare to die in their place." Jeghree's voice echoed around the underground room. "If you bring more than one, prepare for the others to be painfully abandoned." My throat longed to free the pent up frustration that Jeghree had brought, but yelling at a hologram would do nothing but increase my anger. I moved towards the stairs, someone already in mind when Jeghree's voice rang in my ears once again, "Do not bring a human or a Sanursian. Only another mindwalker will be able to travel with you, but do not bring one who you cherish, for remember their fate. But be warned, Tyshina, if you ignore this message, this quest, the consequences will affect everyone and few will survive."

I took a deep, shaky breath as the holo-cam shut off. My hands balled into fists as I ran up the stairs, my mind open to those around me, trying to search for those I didn't know, those of my own kind. Those who could support my cause and my feet took me to where my mind barely remembered. I didn't know if anyone would support my cause, but I could hope. All I could do was hope as I ran to the are full of mindwalkers, the domain of the Outcasts.

A.N. A short ending chapter, but I hope it's a good one. I hope it leaves you wanting a sequel as much as I do... because at the moment, I think that is my project for July Camp NaNoWriMo. :)

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Please comment if you find any errors or even just to tell me that you liked/disliked it. I thank everyone who took the time to read this and I hope you come back for more. :)

~Shadow