Roger vs Red hair

Shanks was having an uneventful day before he decided to pay a visit to his old vice-captain, he was there because he needed a break, for he had begun to take territory in the new world, and had been in conflict with the Big Mom pirates and the beast pirates, as he had taken a chunk of each of their territories. But he was not ready when he saw the Oro Jackson just sitting there docked near Shakkeys bar, but he then realized who had just acquired the ship, Roger, the boy he had left to the marines after witnessing his father's death. In retrospect, he should have helped the eleven-year-old boy as he was the child of his old captain. Still, he was caught up in the grief and had decided to leave the child for dead as he could not deal with the remainder of his captain, he realized his mistake when five years later he saw in the paper that the infamous Roger pirates had been reformed and were now taking paradise by storm. But when his observation Haki detected that his crew was about to fight he left the Oro Jackson to see why Roger would try to fight without knowing that he was the crew's captain. He got his answer when he saw that the doors on the bar were broken and Lucky's fist were bloody, then came the pressure, "Shanks!" Was the word Roger uttered before his Haki intensified so that most of his crew and Rogers were now on the ground foaming at the mouth.

"Limejuice, try to get the others out of here," Shanks said to the early standing blonde, "Benn, Lucky, Yasopp, I'll take the big one." when he said that he clad his sword in Busoshoku Haki(armament) and swung it at Roger only for it to be blocked by the man standing next to him, "you can't go right to the boss," Max said as he struggled to keep Shanks to a standstill, "Knuckle, Max, and anyone else! leave the red-haired bastard to me!" When he said that Max jumped back and went to fight Lucky, when the swords met the ground under them shook as the force that they put into the attacks was enough to kill almost any marines other than the normal admirals and some vice admirals, and even though they were now causing major damage to their surrounding area they only began to swing harder as they both refused to lose to the other, "You should not have hurt those two," Knuckle commented as he unsheathed his sword, "If you had just left I could have convinced Roger not to kill your captain," He then swung his sword towards Benn, "You must be very confident in your captain to think that he could beat Shanks," Was the response as he blocked the swing with his Haki infused gun. Their fight was then almost interrupted when Max came sliding by dodging bullets and blocking the fist of Lucky, "Anyone still awake!" Yelled Max "If you are I am going to need some help!" And then before Yasopp could shoot at him again he was hit in the arm by a bullet, and then almost hit by a massive club. There stood both Sidd and Iceberg, who had recovered from the Haki surprisingly fast, "Max deal with the fatty, we can deal with the other one." Said Sidd as he swung the club with more vigor towards the sniper. Those fights continued to progress each of the crews began to wake from their unconsciousness and seeing that their crewmates were fighting they then rushed each other, But back to Shanks and Roger, their attacks have now escalated to the point where it seemed as if the roots that held saboady together were going to rip apart and sink a large part of the island with them,

As Roger kept fighting he realized that they were currently matched in power and what would win him the fight was his ability with his Kenbunshoku Haki(observation Haki). As he then focused on that he was then to begin to find that he was able to vaguely see where the strikes would come from a second or two before Shanks swung, leading for him to land a cut across his chest, Shanks then jumped back surprised as he had not expected for Roger to find an opening in his swings. He then tried something that he had only just tried before, he then coated his sword in his Haoshoku Haki(conquers Haki) the result was not what he had seen from his captain and Whitebeard during their clashes, it was more a tiny spark rather than the continues bolt that they had easily produced. But despite the lightning not fully showing it still produced the result he needed, as the next slash he blocked Rogers's sword met his, and then his arms were sent into a spasming mess as he was not ready for the force nor the shock, the lightning on Shanks sword did not last long as he then trembled from a sudden sense of exhaustion, the similar thing happened to Roger as the swing he had just absorbed seemingly did some internal damage. But they both powered through as should they lose they did not know what the other would do to their friends, The duel continued with them both receiving damage from the other before they heard a voice, "What are you doing!?" Yelled Rayleigh as he saw what both crews had been reduced to through the fight, "Shanks! Roger! call off your crews immediately! before they kill each other!" They then turned to see that their crews were locked in an intense fight for survival, Roger relented first "Guys! Regroup to the Jackson!"Upon hearing that they left as fast as they could trusting their captain to cover their retreat, as they were running Sidd and Iceberg threw a beaten Yasopp to Shank's feet, Roger then turned to Rayleigh saying "sorry for the damage, I will see you around old man." He then started to walk before looking back to the red-haired pirates, "Should you dumbasses hurt my crew again, you will not live to see the next sunrise, I will see to that personally." Once Roger had made it out of hearing range, Rayleigh turned to Shanks with a look of both annoyance and confusion, " what was that all about?" " A mistake that I will forever regret." That was all shanks said.

When the Roger Pirates made it back to the Oro Jackson, they finally noticed the damage the battle had done to their captain, for when he boarded and they had just set off he coughed out a handful of blood and then fell back onto the rail of the ship. "Captain!" "Roger!" "Bring him to the med bay!" was the last things that Roger heard as he drifted into unconsciousness. The damage that he had received from the advanced Haoshoku Haki slash had been more than he was prepared to take and keep moving for more than a couple of minutes, but when the crew realized that they had left their captain with an enemy crew just before he collapsed shook them to their cores, as had the red-haired pirates attacked them they all knew that Roger would have started the fight with an even greater fury. So once they had set their course to the east blue, the majority of the crew bowed on their hands and knees for Knuckle and Max to teach them Haki so that they would not fail their captain again like they believed they had.

3 Weeks later...

Roger slept for three weeks before he woke, and once he did, Sidd then had to force the crew out of the cabin due to them interrupting his recovery, but once he was cleared to go outside he saw that the crew were all training in their respective fighting styles and trying to activate their Busoshoku Haki, he was impressed to see that they had decided to train for the New world, completely oblivious to their true reasons. But they soon then arrived on Dawn Island, Ace had not realized how much he missed his older brother till he saw his ship pulling into the docks, so unexpectedly he then sprinted to his brother and jumped into his arms as he got off his ship. "ACE! look how you have grown!" Roger said as he looked down at the small boy that was crying as he clutched his captain's jacket.

That is how the two brothers reunited after so long apart.

Thank you for reading!

If you have questions comment I will try to respond.