#2: A Little Girl's Dream

I am Lee Han Eul, 21, a student in the medical stream in the J.P.I. University. I am living every medical aspirant's dream, I have gotten a scholarship which would completely cover my tuition fees, and I have joined the best university after all.

I don't have to struggle by doing multiple shifts and part-times. I can easily relax by doing only a single job to help me in my lodging costs. I am living my dream, is what all would say. But no, I am just living the ideal student's dream. My dream is.... to be treated as a princess!! Countless dresses, jewels, being pampered!! Yea baby! That's my dream.

But, it isn't easy to be one. That's why, I take refuge in the most popular thing among women, E-Novel!! I have read countless novels, reverse harem endings, fated love pairs, enemies to lovers, any novel, I am your girl!

I have read many transmigration novels! That genre is my favorite! Escaping this reality and going to another, where you can correct the wrongs and live the way you wanted! Ah! Its so nice! Transmigration novels are all about normal working or studying women, who get transmigrated into another world, usually by an accident mostly caused by a truck.

They take upon the role of a villainess or a heroine in their last read novel... And usually it is a reverse harem novel!! Where eventually the girl captures everyone's heart making it way awesome. She gets continuous attention, love and care. Somewhere or the other, even the heroines who try to escape from the fate of novel end up meeting the love of their life.

For this, the single me, reads everyday one romance novel at least! For transmigrating, from when I was 17, I would randomly jump in front of trucks, save kids from trucks, save drowning old ladies, even try suicide. But somehow, I would survive. The trucks would do a swerve from the movies, or the old ladies were just bathing, or a stupid person kept a trampoline down near a really tall building.

I went that far to be transmigrated. Anything to escape from my life! But no.. God only grants the luck of transmigration to people who don't need it. Humph! I hate Him. It must be strange right? A grown up like me is talking like this, as though I am a brat. well, It is true. I have always wanted to be pampered.

If you need to understand, you need to turn the clock back, My father met my mother through an arranged marriage. Both though had different lovers. They came together for money. My parents needed each other's support. All was fine, until my father's company collapsed, and that was the time when I was born.

My mother had lost her health after my birth, I was not cared for by my mother but my grandmother, who deeply regretted her decision to force her daughter into a loveless marriage. She took care of me good or so they say. My grandmother passed away when I was three, So I don't remember much about her. My parents took me in again. They would fight daily about where I must study.

But, soon, It became calm, and my brother came into the world. Unlike me, My father doted on him too much. Well, I think it is cause when he was born, my father got a promotion, my mother's health was good. So, most of their attention went to them.

They weren't cruel to me. Nor would hate me. They were awkward around me. I guess they felt guilty to not have been by my side. But they didn't try anything. They would forget to pay my school fees, forget my age. Never take me to the zoo or movies. I would not get any tv time or music classes like my brother.

My brother was a top ranking student. He was so clever. I don't score bad myself. But he was just too intelligent. He skipped grades and he was my classmate till middle high. In high school, he was a year smaller than me. But he was popular. he was handsome, kind, has an attitude of a prince. I was more of a commoner. A plain Jane.

They would forget to get me my birthday gifts but start counting days for his birthday from a month prior. I was neglected. But, It's ok, I would just hang out with the friends I made. The reason I chose the stream of medicine was for that very reason-most of my friends were into that.

I scored well, and passed entrance exams, but they failed and they started distancing themselves from me. So much for friends. That's why! My dream ain't respect nor fame but to be pampered. Cared for.

Today, after a big struggle, I finally could read the best-selling romance novel! 'Imperial Stories: My knights don't leave me alone!' a transmigration-romance, it was a must-read for romance enthusiasts like me. I didn't waste any time and I began reading it, It was so much good! The plot was awesome, the twists were so good! I scrolled down to read the comments and to add my own comment,

'If I were to get transmigrated, hope it happens in this book!! ^v^', I posted the comment and turns out all felt the same. I scrolled a bit more, and I saw the same author had suggested a novel, 'Unforgiveable sin: A tale of two people connected by Fate'. The title was a bit weird.

I have read many with weird titles, and some are hidden gold, so this could also be a new discovery! we should never judge a book by a cover or its title. I began reading, the first chapter was all about the world's setting, It was weirder and weirder and as I read. The story never went into details, more like a narrator doing a poor job.

It was told by a third- person point of view, so I couldn't really understand much. Though I got the gist of the story. It was a nice one, made you want to know what happens next. But It was a war book. It was really painful for my heart which only read sweet love stories.

All the characters with whom I bonded died early, leaving the most cruel or mysterious characters till the end. The most mysterious one being the side support, Elizabeth Ainsworth. She was totally opposite of me. So, I never really liked her. But according to all readers she was amazing. Though the comments sure did go crazy when Elizabeth betrays the hero.

It was alright. To come out from the intense war book which just left me with unanswered questions, I reread a favorite of mine. It was a normal romance, no reverse harem. After finishing it up, I realized I spent the whole day reading books without even sleeping during the night.

Thankfully It was a weekend, I was just about to get some sleep, when I got a call, My aunt wanted me to take my cousin to the museum. He just wanted to see the dino's fossils, you don't know how much I had regretted me reading those novels then, My cousin was high maintenance, So I washed up, took loads of caffeine to stay alive and took him and I too was staring at stuff, when I saw a painting,

It was a war painting.. I think it seemed so. I looked at the plate, It was written 'The Beginning of War at Jedem - Done by, Anonymous artist. Found at the ruins. Approximate dating, 1553 AD'.

Jedem? Is there really a place? Wasn't it the that war novel? I touched the plating, and my head throbbed. I was tired. Didn't have enough coffee? I held onto something, probably a decorative long vase. I stumbled and I guess it fell on me. I could no longer open my eyes, I could hear my cousin shouting something. But, this was heavenly. It felt so calm. I soon slipped into a deep and peaceful sleep which I never experienced before.