Chapter 52 : Flaws

Start from the beginning

And that's exactly the reason he doesn't want you to chase his shadow. That's why he was happy when he heard that you are here for your own future...not because you want to catch up to him..."

One of his hands went to her head as he slowly started patting it, trying to comfort the girl whose whole world seemed to turn upside down.

"Your brother believes that your potential is much higher than his....He knows that once you have developed enough, you would be much more perceptible and won't make the same mistakes he did....

That's why I am here to help you...Help you become that person that your brother wants you to be. For that you need to trust me....But the most important thing you need to do is trust yourself...Can you do that for me?"

Kiyotaka made his empty voice sound as soft and empathetic as it is humanly possible for someone like him, however that seemed to do the trick, since Horikita nodded to his words silently.

"Good. Now, as for your first assignment, let's go to the special building behind the school today, after class."

"Why?"

"I want to survey the place where the fight took place, and there may be a trick or two that could give us a huge advantage in the trial."

Her eyes immediately wore a dangerous glint as she narrowed them at him.

"And you want me to come up with those tricks by myself, correct?"

" Exactly. I'll just give you some tips. All you need to do is use all the advice you get in your arsenal and come up with a suitable answer. Is that fine with you?"

"I'm fine with whatever you decide. You're ultimately doing this for my own good, so you don't have to considerate of my feelings everytime."

'This makes it easy for me, then.'

"Very well. Let's go back to class, for now. We have around 5 minutes left, I assume."

"Tch, that annoying guy wasted all of our free time because of some stupid conversations. How vexing."

As Horikita grumbled to herself, Kiyotaka give her a side glance filled with mild amusement.

'Yup. She definitely needs a stress ball of her own.'

________

"Let's go, Horikita. "

"Alright."

As soon as class ended, both of them stood up from their seats and were walking out of the class, however-

"Ayanokouji-kun! Horikita-san!"

Both of them looked back only to find Satou and Matsushita walking towards them.

"What's up?"

"Where are you two going so secretly without telling anyone? Is it a date?"

Matsushita immediately started the conversation with a sly expression on her face, to which Horikita lightly blushed despite keeping her behaviour composed.

"It's not a date. We are infact going to the special building behind the school grounds to do some activities...all alone."

Immediately all three of the girl's eyes widened as they looked at the nonchalant figure of Ayanokouji with shock and disbelief.

  Horikita immediately grabbed Kiyotaka's hand to save herself from any further embarrassment this emotionless bastard was bringing upon her, however the other two girls had other intentions.

Both of them grabbed his other hand instead creating a situation where Kiyotaka was standing like a rope in a game of  tug of war where  all three of the girls were pulling him from both sides.

'Is this the effect of being popular and assertive? Its.....not a pleasant feeling at all.  I now understand your pain, Hirata Yosuke, my fellow companion.'

As if realising that Kiyotaka was speaking about him in his mind, Hirata's eyes went towards the brown haired boy as he let out a weak smile filled with sympathy, as if he was conveying the words "I've been there my friend....All the best."

Karuizawa, however smugly smiled seeing Kiyotaka suffer to which the boy sighed to himself.

"Instead of trying to play Tug of War using me, can you please tell me why the both of you are pulling me, Satou and Matsushita. "

"No no no, you are not getting out of this Kouji-kun. The way you worded previously made the both of you seem really sus."

"Exactly....I thought we had some special connection, Kiyotaka-kun...Now here you are cheating on me with Horikita-san...How could you?!"

Matsushita raised her voice intentionally to which all the students looked at them....Some of them with jealousy, Indifference,  while some of them in amusement.

"Die Ikemen."

"Tch."

"Ssh, don't raise you voice if you dont want to get punched, Haruki."

"Fu~ Ayanokouji-boy, it seems like you are in quite a pickle. Would you like my help in getting these two beautiful girls away from you, so that you can go on a date freely?"

"W-we are not dati-"

"I would really appreciate your help, Koenji."

"Feel greatful that  a perfect existence like me is helping you. However since you are someone who is worthy of my praise, I don't mind. Now come over here pretty girls, let me show you a fun time."

"No!!!! Get out you narcissist!!!"

"Someone help!! I'm being kidnapped!!"

"Hohoho I have no intention of kidnapping you Matsushita girl, in fact you should feel indebted to me for even letting you experience my personal greatness."

"We dont want to experience you crazy bastard!!!"

"Someone help!!"

However it seemed none of their pleas for help didn't work, as Koenji carried the both of them on each of his shoulders and walked out .....like an absolute  gigachad.

'This guy truly is random.'

Both Kiyotaka and Horikita looked at one another as let out a troubled smile.

"W-well, at least we didn't experience that much trouble, courtesy of Koenji-kun. Should we go, then?"

"Yep, let's not waste any more time."

'Let's see if Ryuuen can handle the first of the many losses he is about to recieve, well enough...'

End of Chapter 52

Words  :  2325

Horikita's views on everything related to her life is finally starting to change as she is finally opening her eyes and seeing the reality instead of the facade she created all this time within her mind....

A lot more development will be coming soon, not just her, but plenty of other characters...

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. See ya.

________