Chapter 27: New Look And New Her

Start from the beginning

It's easy to say it but my it's hard to do.

Mierda!

It's almost seven. I've been here since five this morning. I was drunk last night but I managed to get home. I'm glad I wasn't pulled over by a cop for drunk driving. I woke up early and thank God, not a bad headache.

I cleaned my desk and turned off my computer. I grab my suitcase and started walking out the door. Just like my old routine. I involuntarily glance at her desk on my way out before heading straight to the elevator. Shortly, the elevator door slides open and I stepped in. I punch the lobby button and the lift jolted moving down. Minutes later, the elevator jolted to stop and it slides open. I briskly walked out heading outside the building and as soon as Rodrigo saw me, he opened the door.

We arrived at my place less than twenty minutes. I quickly took a shower and got changed. I'm already late. I should be there at seven. I still have to pick Annabel.

I was heading out my room when I heard my phone ringing. I walked straight to the living room and pick my keys together with my phone.

"Hi," I said as soon as it connected.

"Hey, babe! Where are you?" Annabel's sweet voice nags.

"I'm coming," I replied shortly as I headed for the door.

"Okay, see you later then," she replied sweetly. After the proposal, she became sweet and soft. Her bitchy side was slowly diminishing.

"Yes," I responded briefly and ended the call. I locked my door and headed back to the elevator.

*****

NIKKI POV

I need to leave this place and move back to my dad's place. For some reason, Alex's scent was lingering in my room. I could smell him all over the place. It's suffocating and making my breathing constricted as our lovemaking kept replaying in my head every chance it could get.

I quickly walk out of my bedroom and pace back and forth to the living room. The soreness wasn't that bad anymore so as the sore in my sex except when I pee I could feel the sting.

After ransacking my closet to find something to wear, I stumbled with a pink shade sequined Armani Prive dress with very dramatic low back cut. Looking lovely and sparkly.

I wore this once on a gala two years ago back home when I was still working as an actress. Paired it with nude pumps. With my new hairstyle, straight bob cut, just above my shoulder, I look completely different. I was so scared it might look ugly, but I was relieved when some people in the salon poured me with compliments.

The mirror reflects a more alluring and fiercer Nikki, not a hint of innocence.

After like a decade, a loud knock on my door. I quickly snatched my clutch and keys from the couch and walked to the door. I opened the door revealing Colton smiling widely, but hen gradually morphs into a shocked. His jaw slacked and eyes almost popping out of its socket.

"Oh my God, Nikki. Is that you?" he exclaimed with his eyes bulging. "I didn't recognize you!" he commented as his eyes skim me up and down. "You look more desirable than before. I love your new hairstyle. It looks more sexy and fierce," he added on. His tone held so much admiration.

I stared at him sheepishly. "Thank you," I smiled feeling conscious all of a sudden, and relief flooded me washing all the negative feelings crawling in my gut when I saw his shocked face. My eyes skim him discreetly. "You don't look bad as well, Colton." I smiled and step forward to lock the door. He just waves it off.

Shortly, we are walking to his BMW waiting on the side of the road. He opened the door for me and I climbed in and buckled myself. He closed the door beside me as soon as I'm settled, rounding to the driver seat and slide in swiftly.