Chapter 27: New Look And New Her

Start from the beginning

I connected the call without looking whose calling.

"Yes?" I asked brusquely without preamble. My mood is not really helping me today.

"Hi, Nicki, It's Colton! Just wondering why you didn't show up today? I went to see you and Alex were brooding so I didn't ask him, I thought I call you myself." he ranted ceremoniously ignoring my rude tone.

I don't know why I felt he's getting annoying now. "I'm sorry, I wasn't feeling well." I lied, kicking away the bad spirit trying to eat me whole.

"Oh ..." he sounds so disappointed and I felt remorse of my feelings about him. "Do you need anything? Is it worse? I can take you to the doctor," his worried timbre just made me feel nothing but remorse. He's been acting nicely to me and always thinking how to cheer me up and here I am not even grateful for his kindness. I'm really a bad person.

"I'm feeling better now," I said in a much happy tone laced with conviction.

"Great! Do you think you can escort me tonight?" he asked hopefully.

I guess I need to pay back his kindness. "Sure, but may I ask where so I know what should I wear?" I chuckled.

"To a wedding anniversary. One of my close friend's parents' Anniversary," he explained briefly with his excited voice.

"What time would you pick me up then so I could get ready?" I asked nonchalantly. I think a party would be a good diversion. Maybe drink into oblivion would be a good idea to numb this crazy emotion etched in my heart and just go to sleep straight without thinking.

It's odd, the boss didn't call me and growled at me in the morning to show up. It's better that way. I'm not ready to face him, just yet. I still am planning their wedding, I hope they will change their mind and just pay someone to plan theirs. I don't know if I can handle that now. I don't know if I could control my emotions after what happened.

I quickly made my way to the kitchen and ventured through my fridge to see what to make for my lunch. Soon I was busy cooking.

After lunch, I settled on the couch and entertained myself by watching TV as I nibbled some chips. This is better than thinking about him. I know, I look like a desperate fool. Sulking over the crazy decision I've made.

After several shows, my eyes searched for the watch on the wall and it's almost three. I'm getting bored and I felt like going out for a walk to relax my head. My eyes were trained on the screen, but my head had been working like a clock, wandering somewhere, where that devil is.

I quickly carried my limbs off the couch and headed for my room, then take a shower. After a quick shower, I wore tight black yoga pants and a white fitted tee shirt with a pair of sneakers. I pulled a sling bag out of my closet where I kept my purses and stuffed my phone and wallet.

Soon enough, I'm outside joining the crowd walking here and there. The weather is nice. It's still considered as Spring. The summer is around the corner.

I was walking and passed by a salon. The poster posted on the glass window wall of the salon met my eyes and the hair style captured my attention. It was short, a few inches before her shoulder, straight bob cut. It looks fiercer and elegant. Timeless look. I find it so beautiful, sassy, and sexy. I have a long hair for a long time and I think cutting it shorter would be a good change.

I walk into the salon with a broad decisive smile.

*****

ALEX POV

I felt enraged the whole time I'm in the office. I know why she didn't show up today and I won't bother her. I'm not ready to see her yet after last night. I had thought about everything and I think I'm ready to let her go. I will talk to Annabel to pay someone to plan our wedding instead of her. It's easier that way.