Chapter 27

Damian was brought immediately to the hospital with the help of Sophia and other wounded staffs, due to the assault of Dyna Beckham's goons. Donovan couldn't believe what happened and he got disappointed to the family rather the organization that he entrusted of his son's safety. He knew that this isn't mew because it already happened to Demetrius but his protector was able to save him. Then he told his son that those people, who  accompanied them during the whole mission is only an imagination. He wanted to keep it a secret to his son's. He wanted them to believe that it's only an imagination. Dianna Beckham is against with it but Donovan didn't listen to her. He simply doesn't like the idea of attachment of his sons to each of their protectors.

It's been 3 days, Damian's still unconscious but he can hear things yet it sounded like a bee, buzzing around. His pet dog Max stayed on his side and licks his hands, fingers and palms from time to time. He missed his fur best friend. Fiona is also there to take care of him. Dianna Beckham was heartbroken to see her youngest son's situation. She cried and cried to Demetrius shoulder while he keeps on caressing Damian's forehead gently. Whispering some encouraging words hoping that his little brother will open his eyes again.

Everyone is waiting for him to wake up from his deep slumber.

Anya rather Forger on the other hand, was chained in the 4 corners of the dark room. Her closed eyes blinked open when someone turned on the lights.

"Forger, I'm asking you the same question again... When are you going to embrace  the light? When are you going to switch back from being Anya?" Asked by the leader of the organization. Yor and Lloyd are also there watching their leader and daughter in the interrogation room. Both of them are covered with bandages.

Forger lift her bowing head and stared at the leader's eyes. Her hand move aggressively that it earned the clinking sound of the metal chains. She was about to pull down the leader's necktie when he pushed her hard on the floor. Anya's body frame could be shorty and  looked weak but when Forger controls her body it's completely opposite to the latter.

"I can't give Anya back to you if you won't let us go. We still have an unfinished business. Dyna Beckham should've been lifeless if you didn't stop us."

"Dyna Beckham is our gateway to the upcoming mission. We can't let her die easily, Forger. We need her intels. She may be mentally unstable by now but I know sooner or later she'll tell us everything. Everything that she knew about the Dark Phantom Syndicate."

Dark Phantom Syndicate... The deadliest syndicate in the whole world. The leader of this group is unknown... So as the appearance.

"I want her tortured! Brutally." Forger said and smirked. That gives chill to everyone in the interrogation room. When she felt the nervousness and silence of the people in the room, she laughed and laughed like a crazy witch.

"We'll do our very best." The leader replied.  Then he said his goodbyes but Forger called him. She remembered what Anya wanted to asked. The girl is worried and heartbroken.

"Anya is going to exchange with me if Damian is alive. Is he?"

Loid entered the interrogation room and answered her.

"He is at the hospital. Alive but still in coma, Forger."

"Is there a chance that he will live? If you guys are lying tl me, I won't hesitate to kill you all here."

"It's true, Forger. Now give us Anya back. Please." This time Yor went to her side and hold her hand. This is the only person who can calm her nerves. Maybe because they're the same in some aspects. Forger sighed heavily and nodded.

"Promise me don't hurt the girl. If she gets hurt again, I will be back and kill everyone."

After that she closed her eyes. Minutes passed a familiar presence filled the room.

Anya's back... The first word came out of her mouth is...

"Sy-on boy? Where's Sy-on boy? Is he safe? I want him safe. Mommy? Daddy?"

Loid and Yor hugged their daughter. Their eyes are filled with tears not because of sadness but because of happiness. Their daughter is back! Anya is finally back in her body.

The couple answered her question the same as what they've answered to Forger earlier.

"I-I wanted to see him. Please?"

Anya asked. The couple turn their heads to their leader. According to their rules as protectors, once their client is safe and sound they should bid goodbyes for the last time. But their client Donovan is different. Once his son's are safe he wanted the protectors to disappear. As if nothing happened. He doesn't like attachment because it's only a job. Feelings should be disregarded but to Anya it's not simple as it is. They had build friendship and somehow they fell in love. She finally reciprocated her feelings to Damian's.

"The only thing that we can do for you is to inform you about Damian's situation. If he's finally awake and well. You can't see him because if you did and once Donovan find out he'll do something terrible." The leader said. Anya's face fell and another fresh tears fell off her cheeks. She's too late.

"But I wanted to congratulate you for the job well done. Finally! You're part of our organization. Everyone let's welcome our youngest member.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Anya Forger."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DamiAnya