.:The Hallways:. Chpt. 1

!A/N Finally had an idea for a new story! This story will probably contain Genmui and a few other ships. Also, this story will only take place in Genya's pov, you'll find out in the end why ;). Anyways, enjoy the first chapter of my new story! A/N!

I run up the broken escalator gasping for breaths of air. I hear it, it's behind me. Sweat rolls down my neck as I speed into the bathroom, one of the only safe places in this run down mall. I've been trapped in this mall for atleast 2 or 3 days now. There has been no sign of life except the thing that chases me whenever I leave the safety of the men's restroom. I slide down the back bathroom wall, sighing in relief. I looked at the pile of food I had gathered up and took a peice of bread from eat. I stare into the nothingness of the hallway as I take decent sized bites from the bread. I hear talking through the wall. I hold my ear up to the wall and can make out 7 different voices.

"Put the food down, Inosuke! You already had your portion for lunch!" A girl yelled. It was muffled but I could still make out what they were saying. "Do you think anyone else is here?" Another voice asked. "Probably not, we would know by now." A person said, their voice sounding dull. I decided to go check it out. I pull myself up off the bathroom floor and carefully walk over to the women's bathroom. I push through the door, but as it closed it made a sharp squeaking noise.

"Whose there?!" Someone shouted, pulling out what sounded to be a knife. The area they were in was covered by a towel hanging from the first stall to the right wall. I saw the towel fly to the left as someone opened it. I saw no one though? I looked down to see a short teenager who had long raven hair that faded into teal at the middle part of her back, she also had light blue eyes that faded into a darker blue at the bottom.

"Who the hell are you?" The girl spoke, pointing the knife at my neck. "Woah, woah, I was just trying to find some people in this mall." I exclaimed, putting my hands up. I felt like I knew this girl, but my mind drew blank. "Muichiro, this boy is obviously a human too, let him go." A boy with maroon hair commented. "Whatever." The girl who I presumed to be Muichiro muttered, as she put away her knife. I took a peak into their base and it was lavish. They had mattresses, food, water, and hygiene things. "Hey uhm, could I maybe stay with you guys?" I mumbled as they started walking off. "Sure!" The maroon haired boy said. "Thank you so much! Let me just go grab my things." I answered, quietly pushing the door to leave the bathroom.

I felt like I knew all of them but nothing came to mind when I saw their faces. I grab the food and the sleeping bag I had and headed back to their bathroom. I placed my stuff down and sat next to the maroon haired boy. "So who are all of you?" I asked politely. "I'm Tanjiro Kamado." The maroon haired boy announced. "INOSUKE HASHIBIRA!!" A boy with a boar head exclaimed, jumping up and down. "Aoi Kanzaki." A girl with pigtails said, annoyed by Inosuke. "Kanao Tsuyuri." A girl with a side ponytail quietly said with a small smile. "Muichiro Tokito." The girl with black to teal hair said, with an emotionless expression. "Zenitsu Agatsuma." The boy with yellow hair groaned, sounding slightly annoyed. "Nezuko Kamado." A girl with that had black hair with orange tips said, sweetly.

"Nice to meet all of you, I'm Genya Shinazugawa!" I exclaimed a little too loudly. Soon we heard something running down the hallway. We heard the bathroom door slam open and a low growl that echoed through the bathroom. "What's that..." I asked. "Shut up, Genya!" Muichiro partiay yelled, covering my mouth with her hand. We sat there in silence only hearing the faint sounds of our breathing and the creature that was just on the opposite side of the towel. We heard it stomp away and we all took a sigh of relief.

We sat there in silence for a few moments until Muichiro got up went into one of the stalls. I noticed she was standing up while peeing? She walked out of the stall and quickly washed her hands, shook the water off, and then sat back down. The others were having small talk while k stared confused at Muichiro. "What?" She questioned. "Why were you standing up to go pee?" I asked. "Are you that stupid? Most boys stand up to pee, dumb ass." He stated. "I knew that... I just thought you were a girl..." I mumbled, blushing from embarrassment. Muichiro shrugged.

"Hey, we should go over to one of the shops and grab somethings to do." Tanjiro insisted. We all agreed and walked our of the bathroom looking around. I gazed down the hallway, scared the creature could pop out at any moment. I felt someone smack the back of my head. "Snap out of it doofus." Muichiro said, walking next to me. We walked a short way to a bookstore and looked through the shelves. I found a few good books and put them in the satchel Tanjiro gave me. I hear loud foot steps behind me. I turn around to see the creature walking down the same aisle I'm in. I quickly run to the next one over but it starts chasing me.

"Muichiro!!" I cry out. I feel something grab my arm and pull me into a closet. "Shut up, idiot." Muichiro whispered, holding onto my arm. The closet was cramped and dusty. But as I started to get comfortable Muichiro opened a door with stairs leading down. I follow him down the stairs and it leads us to a system of hallways that look like they go to every store in the building.

"What is this place?"

!A/N Hope you all enjoyed the first chapter of this brand new story! I will be coming out with another chapter soon. I hope you all have a good day/night! A/N!
Word Count: 1,081