You're in Danger, Too

Start from the beginning

"To do whatever it takes to stop Vanya," he responded, and Allison slapped him with her notecards. "I!... we may not have a choice, Allison."

"Bullshit," you and Diego spit at the same time, and you spun to look at each other, surprised. "There's always options," Diego continued.

"Yeah, like what?" Five asked, and you bit your lip.

"I don't know," Diego admitted.

"Look, whatever we decide, we need to find Vanya, and fast, okay?" Luther stood up as he spoke. "She could be anywhere."

"Or... here." Klaus shook the newspaper he was holding - you were beginning to hate newspapers. "Look at this." Everyone gathered behind you and Five as Diego held it in front of you.

"That's right," Diego said as you stared at the picture of Vanya holding a violin. "Her concert's tonight."

"She loves the violin," you muttered. "We can't just ruin her concert."

"Hello," a blond woman said awkwardly, and everyone turned to face her. "I hate to intrude, but my manager says if you're not gonna bowl, you've gotta leave." She backed away as a balding man smacked a pair of bowling shoes on the counter, glaring at you.

"Whose turn is it?" Diego asked dryly.

"Oh, for..." Luther snatched a bowling ball, chucking it at the ramp. You watched with a small smile as it knocked every single pin down.

Allison held up a notepad.

"She's our sister."

"We're the only ones capable of stopping this," Luther reasoned. "We have a responsibility to Dad."

"To Dad?" Diego asked as you scoffed, settling further back into your seat. "No, I've heard enough about..."

"He sacrificed everything to bring us back together," Luther interrupted, and you felt your blood begin to boil.

"He sent you to the moon for four years," you interrupted, "for no reason."

"I thought you were with me on this one," Luther argued angrily. "At the funeral, you agreed with me!"

"Well, people change," you muttered, and you felt Five's fingers slide into yours, calming you.

"I'm with Luther on this one," he said, and you snatched your hand back, rolling your eyes. A muscle in his jaw ticked as he looked at you, sighing. "I'm sorry, but we can't give her a chance to fight back. There are billions of lives at stake. We're past trying to save just one."

"The whole reason Vanya got angry in the first place was because we wouldn't hear her out!" you argued, and Five raised his eyebrows. Of course - he hadn't been there, in the basement. "We should just try talking to her. Please."

"Hey, you know, guys, uh... maybe I could help," Klaus said slowly.

"Now is not the time," Luther said immediately as Five blinked at Klaus.

"No, let him finish," Diego said angrily, and you surprised yourself once again by being grateful to him. Maybe Diego wasn't as bad as you thought. "He saved my and Eight's lives today."

Five glanced at you, raising his eyebrows, as Luther spoke.

"Is that true?"

"Yeah, yeah I did... take credit for it," he admitted after a moment, turning back to Luther. "In fact, the real hero... is Ben."

Luther, his mouth slightly open, turned his head slightly in disbelief. You chewed on your lip, confused, as Klaus sighed.

"Today... listen!" he pleaded as everyone began to lose interest. "Today he punched me in the face." You found yourself staring at Five as he splayed his legs, his knee bumping into yours as he rested his elbows on his thighs. His eyes were gorgeous. "And earlier at the house, he was the one who saved Diego and Eight's lives, not me."