3

Tiffany ended up taking Lisa to breakfast at the end of the first month of school to check up on how her daughter was doing. That included inviting the roommate, who looked like she'd much rather shoot herself than sit there and listen to Tiffany complain about Lisa's clothing style.

"You wear too much flannel. You'll never attract a man this way," Tiffany said spearing an egg onto her fork.

"I'm here to learn, not to get a man," Lisa said flatly, while Seulgi stabbed onto her fry violently.

"And how is learning going?"

"It's going well." Lisa failed to mention how she had failed her first essay in the class everyone warned her not to take. She had gone to Professor Bae's office to get help on her second essay and she felt more confident about her next grade.

"And what about your social life? You make any friends yet Lisa? You know how important that is. To have friends. It's the best four years of your life. Make the most of it."

Lisa nodded her head and 'mhmed' to what her mother said, annoyed that she was nagging in front of Seulgi. This was private stuff. When Tiffany left for the bathroom, Lisa let out a deep sigh and rubbed her brow.

"Your mom is something else," Seulgi commented.

"Tell me about it," Lisa said in exasperation.

"She's not even my mom but she's forcing me to drink," Seulgi added on.

"It doesn't take a lot for you to drink," Lisa pointed out, because after living with Seulgi even after this short of a time period, she could see her roommate had an issue.

Seulgi chuckled. "Heh, I'll drink to that," and she pulled out her ever-present and well-hidden flask from inside her leather jacket.

"We're in a cafe!" Lisa whispered and hissed, warily glancing over to see if anyone noticed. "Put that away!"

"Even more reason to drink. It's like ten in the morning and you're mother pulled me out of bed this early for breakfast," Seulgi said, taking a swig and hiding it.

Just in time. Tiffany came back, though thankfully she paid for the meals and left, saying she had a class to teach in ten minutes. This left Seulgi and Lisa downtown with time to kill.

They would walk back to campus. Naturally, the conversation turned to class.

"How's Professor Bae?" Seulgi asked because they were all curious as to how Lisa was dealing with the class.

"It's okay. She is kinda bitchy," Lisa commented and Seulgi smiled.

"But let me guess, you still have a massive crush on her," she teased and Lisa rolled her eyes. She had long given up on denying anything. It was too obvious, and she wasn't the only one walking around campus with a massive crush. She had caught Bambam, former acclaimed Irene recovery addict, accidentally going to the same cafe at the same time each time that the professor went.

Lisa had called him out on it because she just so happened to be going to the cafe at the same times. For none stalking-related reasons. She had only been going there in hopes of observing her professor out of an out-of-class setting. Lately, she'd been meeting up with some boy who looked young enough to be a student. Who was he? And why was she dedicating time to him?

Lisa felt unreasonably jealous.

"Relapsing?" Lisa had asked when she spotted Bambam for the third day in a row there.

He scowled and then went to join her at her table where she was working on a paper. "I am not relapsing. And you shouldn't be joking about such a thing, not when you're head over heels for her."