Premiere

The Elvis film was finally completed and was being premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in France for the first time. Austin and I were attending the premiere together and couldn't be more excited to see the world's and the Presley family's reactions to the finished product. We flew over the day of the premiere to get settled in our hotel room and to have some down time before the events of the evening ahead. When we arrive to our hotel, we gather our luggage and head up to our room, setting our bags down and laying on the bed to rest for a second. Austin looks me in the eyes and just smiles, the same big smile he does when he's happy or just taking things in. 

He opens his arms for me to join him and I jump on top of him, tackling him to the bed. We start laughing and just enjoying the time before the chaos of the night ahead. Around 2 pm, the stylist for Austin and myself arrived and started to set up the wardrobe racks, which contains my black dress and Austin's old school James Bond style tuxedo. Before I knew it, I was whisked away to the next room over for my own glam time before my love's big night. My hair was curled and placed delicately, draping over my shoulder and down my back. My makeup was done to reflect the feeling of the film and its first showing; done in a timeless, classic way including the same lipstick as Priscilla Presley would be donning that night. I slide into a sleek, body-hugging black floor length dress and lace up heels that tied all the way up to my knee. Over in our room, Austin was getting spruced up for his big moment. Donning a sleek, well fixed black tuxedo and matching bowtie, his blonde hair perfectly slicked back but messy at the same time. We both finished up with our teams and wanted to do a first look with each other.

 We stood on opposite sides of the door that separates the rooms and my hands were shaking at the thought of him seeing me dressed up for the first time. The door slides open, and I take in the sight of my sharply dressed boyfriend. " Babe, you look so good! You clean up well" I said, taking his hands in mine and rubbing my thumbs on the back of his hands.  He spins me around to get a good look at me. " The same could be said for you beautiful. You look stunning my princess" He replies. He pulls me in and just looks me in the eyes, his bright blue eyes sparkling. " I have never been so in love with you as I am right now baby. I love you so much" He whispers in my ear, kissing my cheek as he looked around the room.  Austins manager comes into the room and says it's time to head down to the premiere to meet up with Baz and Olivia.  Austin takes my hand as I hold up the skirt of my dress to help me out to the car. We arrive downstairs and slip into a town car to head to the premiere.  

The group arrives and steps out to the flashing bulbs of camera after camera from the media who were covering the event. Austin takes my hand and leads me to the red carpet where he was fielding the laundry list of questions from reporters about his role and what it was like having such a high expectation to live up to. Before I knew it, a mic was in my face, and I was being interviewed myself. " Y/N, how does it feel knowing that every woman in the world is about to fall in love with Austin?" the reporter asks, a look of desperation on his face. " Well, he was amazing and truly embodied Elvis so it wouldn't surprise me if he does get a few more admirers. Its knowing that he loves me and that he will always come home to me that makes me feel secure in our relationship. Hes a great guy and truly loves me and his supporters" I reply, an air of class and grace coming off me. I notice that Austin and Baz finished up with their interviews and they come over to lead me into the theater to see the final product.

After we see the film, the audience gives a 12-minute standing ovation for the work that the cast and crew put in and I see Austin looking up, knowing his beautiful mama is looking down and is so proud of her baby boy.  I take his hand and look up at him with a look of love and admiration. There was nothing he couldn't do, and I knew we were both in for a wild ride. Good news: We were doing it together.