Sunset Kisses

Falling in love with Austin had been the best thing that ever happened to me. He was the kindest, most warm hearted and funny person I had ever met, and he never failed to treat me like a princess each and every day. Flowers every time he saw me, cute snapchat pics of sunsets and little moments throughout his day, kisses at random times just to name a few. Sunsets were special to the two of us as on our first date, he took me to watch the sunset and share our first kiss on the beach.  His lips always tasted like warmth and cherry ChapStick, a taste I never got tired of. I had finally found the love of my life and I never felt wrong about that.

One day Austin and I were chilling on our couch, watching an old episode of one of his shows. His younger self popped up and he covered his face laughing, shocked to see the young man he once was. " Baby, you shouldn't be embarrassed! You were adorable back then" I tell him, taking his hand and rubbing it with my thumb.  He looked down at me on his chest and said " I'm not embarrassed my love, just is surreal to see how far I've come in terms of my career. From a Disney kid to now playing the king of Rock and Roll" He had truly come a long way in his time in the acting world and now I got to be along for the ride with him. I looked to the right out the window and saw that the sun was getting close to setting for the night. At that moment, an idea popped into my head. " Hey babe, how about we go watch the sunset at that lookout spot you were telling me about?" I ask him, looking up at him.  His ears perked up at the mention and he bolts off the couch, throwing me to the floor in the process. He rushes upstairs and returns with his worn brown leather jacket and his favorite hoodie for me to wear. 

He throws it to me, and I slip into it, along with my beaten-up grey converse and hopped into the jeep wrangler parked outside. We drive over to a spot at the beach and head towards the rock formations, hiking to this beautiful spot atop a set of rocks. We sit down together, his arm wrapped around me and pulling me into his chest. He rubs my arm and looks down at me. " You know you're the first girl I've brought up here. I don't show my special spot to just anyone you know?" he says, his voice flowing smoothly and softly as we watch the sun go down.  "I know, I just feel special that you wanted to bring me up here. I love you to the moon and back, Austin." I smile as he places his hand on my cheek and leans in for a tender kiss.  His hand cups my cheek lovingly and his other hand snakes around me pulling me into him. His same warm cherry taste washes over my lips as we kiss, holding one another in a loving and tender embrace. 

I lean into him and just enjoy the beautiful moment I get to share with him. The sun finishes its dance in the sky that paints it with shades of orange and purple, and I just lay in my boyfriend's arms, never wanting the moment to end. That was the moment that made everything clear: I wanted to spend my future with this man.