CHAPTER TEN, the field trip

Börja om från början

"Come on." Big Red said to Ricky, grabbing one of Ricky's arm.

Ophelia sympathetically smiled at the curly-haired boy, grabbing his other arm and she and Big Red dragged Ricky off to their first class the three of them shared. Ricky had been had been looking at the TV with wide eyes since Nini said the song meant a lot to her and didn't break out of his trance until his best friends dragged him away from the TV.

****

The main cast of the play were now in the costume room, conversing with each other. Ophelia was conversing with Luca and Fallon, the two girls celebrating over the fact that Gina was staying after Luca had told them the news. They figured Gina was staying after seeing her earlier during class, but they were happy to know that it was official she was staying. Plus they were also gushing about how Luca and Gina finally said 'i love you to each other which resulted in Luca turning a bright shade of red and hiding his face in his hands out of embarrassment. 

"Everyone, attention please!" Miss Jenn claps her hands to get everyone's attention and everyone grew quiet and brought their attention to her. "I'm sure you're wondering why I called this special midday drama club meeting.

"Oh, are you announcing the fall musical?" Seb excitedly asks. "I vote 'Dear Evan hansen'."

"Ooh, yes, a thousand times yes!" Fallon cheered, earning a few laughs from some of the cast.

"As you can tell, that musical is one of Fallon's favs." Ophelia commented.

"I literally have all the songs and even some choreography memorized by heart." Fallon grinned.

"No, Seb. It's March." Miss Jenn responds to Seb. She looks at him and Fallon apologetically. "And sorry but the rights won't be available for five years. I tried."

"Dang it." Fallon mumbled and crossed her arms, pouting as if someone she was a little kid who had their toy taken away. Luca chuckled lightly and patted her shoulder to comfort her while Carlos patted Seb's arm to comfort him after seeing the sad look on his face.

"I am announcing that we are in such a good place after our improv workshop." Miss Jenn grins. "We're getting one step closer to Menkies gold." She chuckles. "And today, our wonderful actor/designer, Kourtney Greene," She turns to Kourtney with a smile on her face. "Is going to show you your completed costumes!"

Everyone cheered loudly and excitedly after hearing that news. Nini then took a sheet off a clothing rack, revealing everyone's costumes and everyone continued to cheer.

"Speech! Speech!" Nini smiled encouraging at Kourtney.

"Okay, um, guess I'm making a speech." Kourtney chuckles. "I'm super excited for you all to see your costumes because..." The sound of an elephant is heard from her phone, interrupting her sentence. "Oh, uh, sorry, that's Howie. Anyway, with your costumes this semester, I really tried to..." The same elephant noise went off again, causing her to glance at her phone with a smile.

"Can you not keep your phone on silent in rehearsal, like everyone else?" Carlos questioned, smiling at Kourtney with annoyance.

"'Sorry, everyone' is what Carlos would say if he were more like me." Seb chimed in.

"Okay," Carlos looks at Kourtney apologetically. "Kourt, I am sorry, but listen to this captain from North High." He looks at his phone. "It took twenty people over fifty hours to create our Belle dress. Beast costumes ever.'"

"Terrible pun." Ricky shook his head.

"So true." Ophelia agreed.

"Lame." Kourtney added.