CHAPTER TEN, the field trip

Start from the beginning

(this is her outfit for this chapter & the next chapter)

Ophelia saw Ricky was standing in front of the tv, watching his girlfriend on the new morning show

Ophelia saw Ricky was standing in front of the tv, watching his girlfriend on the new morning show. She follows his line of sight and smiles. "Yeah, isn't that crazy with what's happening with Nini's song?"

"Yeah." Ricky agreed.

"I never got to speak to you about what happened at the acting intensive thing this weekend." Ophelia said, looking at him with concern. "Are you okay? What happened?"

Ricky sighs, shaking his head. "It was just stuff with my dad and Miss Jenn that made me upset. But they agreed it's best to not see each other." Upon seeing she still looked concern for him, he chuckles lightly and smiles at her. "Lia, I'm okay. Don't worry."

"Okay." Ophelia smiles softly. She chuckles upon realizing he called her 'lia'. Ricky chuckles too, glancing at her with raised eyebrows. "What?" He asked her.

"Nothing, it's just, it feels like forever since you've called me Lia. I didn't realize how much I missed it until you called me it." Ophelia admitted.

He smiles softly at her. "I know, I feel like we haven't really been able to hang out a lot either and I'm sorry about that."

"That's part of my fault too so I'm also sorry." Ophelia apologizes. "Hey, are you free next weekend? Maybe we could have a sleepover?" She smirks. "I could beat you in Mario Kart again."

Ricky scoffs, his lips forming into a smile. "More like I could beat you in Mario Kart." He nods as his smile widens. "But yeah, I'm free. That sounds like a great idea."

"Okay," Ophelia smiles at him. "Good."

"Hey," Big Red joins the two teens, pointing at the TV with a smile on his face "Is that Nini on the TV?"

"Yeah, and she's killin' it." Ricky replied with a smile.

"Wait. Are you actually fine with the song not being a duet?" Big Red asked him and Ophelia looked at Ricky curiously, also wanting to know the answer to this.

Ricky shrugs. "What else would I be? Hurt?" He scoffs. "Offended? It's a show tune, Big Red. It doesn't actually mean anything."

The trio looks back at the TV on the wall when Nini said, "But it means so much to me. So thank you guys both for your support." 

The trio exchange a look with each other and Ophelia chuckles lightly. "Yeah, something tells me that it does actually mean something."

"Well, there you go. Uh, I'm EJ." EJ spoke.

"And I'm, uh, FM." Fallon added, speaking in a mocking tone to mock EJ. EJ rolled his eyes playfully and nudged her. She giggled and nudged him back.

The trio looks back at the TV as EJ and Fallon both smile at the camera, speaking at the same time, "Good morning, East High!"