Chapter 20

I looked back at Giyu, taking a mental picture of him. This sight is never going to leave my mind. I walked over to him and leaned on a training dummy. He was practicing his forms, all but dead calm. Shit man im tryna show him some of my forms-

"Ay Tomioka. You tryna spar dawg?"

He paused his training again and turned to me. Sweat ran down his body. The sunlight casted on it making him shine slightly. He raised his sword and rested it on his shoulder.

"Sure."

I smiled at him and propped myself back up. "Great let me go change so i can beat your ass again."

"Mhm we'll see about that."

I ran to the house and grabbed my uniform. I shut the door to my room behind me and hurriedly put on my uniform, not wanting to waste time. It was hot outside, but i wanted to test myself. The uniform was breathable sure but the dark fabric would still absorb heat. I figured if i can fight well in the middle of the day with my uniform on then fighting during the night will be a breeze.

I grabbed my sword and went back outside. At the training grounds Giyu had been waiting for me. Upon my arrival he got into a fighting stance and raised his sword in front of him. I unsheathed my own blade and stepped on the other side of the training grounds, across from Giyu.

I raised my own sword and didn't wait for Giyu to move first. Immediately i ran to his side. Going straight forward would leave me vulnerable so aiming for his side would be better. As i was about to kick him down, he swung his body towards me and jumped back. I was thrown off balance a bit and Giyu took the chance to go for his own attack.

He didn't hesitate to charge at me. As i got ready to defend myself from his onward attack, he jumped. I was caught off guard by the sudden move. Not only that i couldn't look up or I'd be blinded by the sun so i don't know where he was. I wasn't going to take chances though so i stepped far back. I placed my feet in position for the fourth form. Blank canvas blocked. I placed my sword above my head to block any attacks from above. Unfortunately it left me completely vulnerable.

Giyu quickly landed in front of me. Using the extra force of his sword he rammed into my stomach. I coughed as i staggered back. He took this as an opportunity and ran at me again. This time he successfully took me down.

He had me pinned down. He raised his sword above his head ready to drive it into the ground next to my own. Out of instinctive fear i let go of my sword and punched him square in the face.

To be blunt he was not expecting that. He groaned and clutched his mouth as he stepped away. Blood was dribbling down his chin. Quickly i grabbed my sword again and ran at him.

"Art breathing, first form. Apollo's brush stroke."

My sword was about to swipe at his neck before he blocked it with his own. We held our ground and now it was a test of strength. We both stood neck to neck. Our feet planted firmly on the ground. Our blades sparked as they tried to force the other down. Either one of us backed away in time to not get striked, or the strongest triumphs.

Our strengths were nearly equally matched. Giyu had been training much longer than I have though, so even with the journal's boost in strength, i was still weaker than him. Not by much but it was still significant enough for my blade to be forced back.

I struggled against his strength. His sword was quickly drawing nearer though and i had no choice but to move away before it touched my neck.

I jumped back but the suddenness of the action caused Giyu's blade to quickly fall. I was stupid enough to not move my upper body back and his blade lightly nicked my face. It didn't sting much but blood was still starting to bead and fall from it. I was fortunate enough for the cut to be on my cheek, so it wouldn't obstruct my vision.