library boy |karlnap

Start from the beginning

He goes back to the counter to leave me alone and let me choose which books I want to read on my own.

Ah, this is still so difficult, but I have all day to choose which ones interest me, I don't have any other plans. I mean I could always take out these other books another day. So I'll just start with three, yeah just three random ones.

I choose my three books and meet the boy at the checkout.

"so you finally made up your mind" he smiles while scanning the books.

"yeah, it was difficult to choose, but I'll just check out the other books another day"

he gives me another one of his cute grins before lending me the books.

"tell me what you think about them, they are in my top 10 so I will be hurt if you don't like them" he giggles.

I can't help but laugh with him, "oh I bet I'll hate it" I say jokingly. "Well, you'll see me here pretty often so you should expect at least one rant about each book everytime I show up"

"and I'll look forward to every single one of them" he grins and waves to me as I exit the building.

I smile to myself once I step foot out of the door. Today's going to be a good day, I can already tell.

As soon as I get home I rush up the stairs to my room to read all of the books I got. If they're really good I'll just have to buy them from a bookshop instead of checking the books out at my local library. I could also just read while I'm there, yeah I think I'll do that.

What's felt like a couple minutes has been hours of me reading this one book, I was so deeply interested in it that it felt like I was living inside of this fantasy I was reading. How exciting that would be, to live in a book like this. Oh to be a vampire in love with a werewolf but we just can't be together because we're so different and our families wouldn't allow it. I could only imagine something like this to happen, as it obviously enough, won't happen, ever.

These recommendations that that library boy gave me are fantastic, I am in love with all of these books I might just buy them and annotate them. I should have a bookshelf in the corner of my room for books that I've read that are just too good to only read once. Yeah, that seems like a good idea.

and just as soon as I started reading the 3rd book, I drifted off into a deep sleep. It's one of those sleeps where you wake up with marks on your face from the bedsheets. If falling asleep while reading a book ended up like this everytime, you best believe I'll be reading a book every night from now on.

Morning arrives as soon as night has fallen and I couldn't be happier. For once I'm actually happy that morning came this soon. It means I get to go to the library and finish reading my 3rd book, and hopefully start reading some more.

I'm still settling into this town and my new home so I'm glad to start it off with books, it's always been a hobby of mine. Although, soon enough I'll have to start looking for a job, I don't want to have to worry about it just yet. I'm not even familiar with my surroundings, I want to settle down before looking for a job, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I sit up ecstatically and take time to pick out my outfit. I end up with a white undershirt with a sweater vest over it and some light brown jeans. I'm quite happy with my outfit, I think I look good today. As I finish getting ready all I can think about are all the books that the pretty boy is going to recommend to me today. And I couldn't be more excited.

As I'm walking to the library I can't help but smile to myself, I look so abnormally happy that people are giving me weird looks, but I don't care, I can be this excited for books, yeah the books are what I'm excited for.