"I'm surprised to meet you here as well, what brings you to town?" Madame Paula asked as she smiled at the duo.

"The royal ball is coming soon! Talia must look grand, we just came from getting her dress." Lady Deen answered enthusiastically.

"Well, what a coincidence! We were also headed there." Madame Paula chirped in.

"Lady Kimberly was invited as well?" Lady Deen spoke as she looked at Kimberly with a sneer.

"Of course dear," Madame Paula replied as she smiled warmly.

Talia's face flared up at the mention of Kimberly's attendance to the ball. She was now shooting daggers at her as well as her mother.

Kimberly ignored them hoping Madame Paula was done with this useless conversation.

"Well then, see you!" Lady Deen spoke as Talia followed her. She deliberately bumped into Kimberly's shoulder as she walked past her.

Kimberly didn't feel like arguing with anyone so she let it slide. Was attending the ball such big of a deal?

"Let's hurry before we get late," Madame Paula urged, her normal tone back. As if you weren't wasting time talking to them, Kimberly thought as she walked.

The seamstress's shop was more crowded than they had thought. Many noble ladies stood in line as they awaited their turn.

Kimberly internally groaned. The ball must have spiked everyone up especially the ladies who were now keen on looking as magnificent as possible.

"Wait here, I'll check your name." Madame Paula went ahead to check on the list by the wall that showed those who had already booked an appointment.

"Kim!" An ecstatic voice came from behind her engulfing her in a hug from her back. Only two people call her by that name. Faye and Lily.

"Lily, what are you doing here?" Kimberly asked as she turned around to look at her friend.

"Getting a dress," Lily spoke as she rolled her eyes. What else could she be doing here.

"You're attending the ball too?" Kimberly chirped excitedly, a brilliant idea coming.

"Well yes, why do you ask?" Lily asked uncertainly as she watched Kim's grin widen. She wasn't going to like what Kim was going to say. She knew that grin.

"Umm, the danc-" Kimberly began unsure of how to phrase her words.

"Oh no! I'm not dancing with you." Lily spoke cutting in. She also knew about Kim's dancing skills. A toddler would even dance better, Faye had once said.

"Please!" Kimberly begged as she grabbed her arms softly. Lily shook her head standing her ground.

"I could introduce you to Gerald," Kimberly said, a knowing glint in her eyes. Lily had eyes for her brother and even when she didn't tell her, she could see it.

Colour filled Lily's cheeks as she glanced away embarrassed. "That is not necessary," she mumbled softly not meeting Kimberly's eyes.

"I know you like him," Kimberly probed as Lily glanced away shyly.

"But-" Kimberly cut her off as she grabbed her hands and pulled her aside away from the ladies that were eyeing them.

"If you dance with me I'll introduce you," Kimberly bargained as she hopefully looked at Lily.

"Okay," Lily agreed softly a smile forming on her face.

"You only agreed to that because of my brother!" Kimberly lightly slapped lily's arm.

"No! I just-" Lily struggled to come up with words her face heating up more.

Madame Paula returned shortly afterwards. "Let's head in,"

Lily bid Kimberly goodbye as she rushed back to her position in the line. Kimberly followed Madame Paula as they walked into the shop.

Her measurements were quickly taken and her dress was supposed to be delivered in a weeks time.

                        ✿✿✿

The carriage came to a stop in front of their manor and Kimberly was relieved to be home. She was exhausted from all the wandering in town and she needed a good sleep at the moment. She got off the carriage staggering a bit her eyes slightly sleepy.

"Kim!" Faye called from somewhere in the hallways her voice slightly pitched. Looks like she wasn't sleeping anytime soon.

"Something happened, the- " Faye began but was cut off by Madame Paula.

"Inform Lady Flora of our arrival and don't go around gossiping on the hallways." Faye nodded meekly as she helped Kimberly up the stairs to her room.

"What did you want to say before?" Kimberly asked once she was settled on a small couch in her room.

"I'll tell you once I'm back," Faye replied as she dashed out of the room. She had an habit of leaving her hanging.

Kimberly lazily stretched on the small coach, a yawn escaping her. She was really exhausted and all she wanted to do was just sleep. However, Faye was looking enthusiastic with some piece of information.

The opening of her door, made her shift around the couch her eyes already puffy and drooping.

"Your brother came by," Faye spoke into the quiet of the room. Kimberly opened her eyes fully looking at Faye suspiciously.

"He came as soon you left, Lord Heather was also with him." Faye explained. At the mention of her father, Kimberly sat up quickly. She always began to feel uneasy especially when her father was brought up.

"He came along with a tough looking young man, he was handsome though." Faye trailed of a faraway look in her eyes.

"What!" Kimberly spat out loudly standing up from the couch sleep completely departing from her.

    ✿ ✿ ✿

How's your week so far? I hope you are liking this story so far. I'll be updating more frequently now.