Grow Old Together

Start from the beginning

"If not, would you like a margarita?" Hazel stood silently observing Five, clearly confused. Five sighed, turning back around and wrapping his arm around your waist before heading back toward the bar.

"Come on."

Hazel followed behind you, and you couldn't help but sneak a glance at him. He made a startled face when he saw you, and it made you feel slightly better.

I'm still here, bastard.

"You're here to kill me?" Five asked as he gently pushed you onto the barstool again, before sitting at his own spot. You grabbed the margarita from his hand, sipping through the straw as he watched with raised eyebrows.

"Oh, shit. Sorry," Hazel said meekly, tucking the gun into his shirt. "Old habits. Well, I can understand why you might feel that way."

Five had poured himself another drink by now, and sipped it casually as Hazel spoke.

"Well, you attacked our house, tried to kill my family, and kidnapped my brother and Eight. And you tortured the girl I - you tortured her." He pointed at you, and you smiled at Hazel over the rim of your glass. His face looked warped through the cup, and you giggled slightly.

"Ah. Ahem." Hazel cleared his throat awkwardly, looking away from you. "Terribly sorry about that, um, girl."

"Woman," you corrected. "I'm 30."

"Right," Hazel said slowly, before continuing. "Well, there's not much I can do about the past. Don't forget I'm not the only killer in this room. You got your own bloody history, pal."

Five slurped on his drink, and you turned to look at him, noticing the way he avoided your eyes.

"Speaking of which... that job you did in Calhoun, that shit's legendary. Can't believe I'm actually sittin' here talkin' to you, after all..."

"Hazel, why are you here?" Five interrupted, leaning back slightly.

"Well..." Suddenly Diego burst in from the other room, kicking Hazel roughly to the ground. You choked on your drink, but then continued to watch.

"Diego, stop!" Five shouted, leaning forward. Diego did an impressive backflip over Hazel, before glaring down at him and kicking the man repeatedly in the face. "You know, before you kill him, you might wanna hear what he has to say," Five said over all the ruckus. You shrugged, leaning closer so that he could hear you.

"I dunno. I'm kind of enjoying this."

Five glanced over at you, clearly surprised.

"I didn't know you were one to enjoy watching a fight," he said, and you grinned.

"Well, the fact that he almost killed Klaus makes it a lot easier," you said, and he sighed.

"I guess you're also a violent drunk."

"I'm gonna kill you for what you did to Patch," Diego gasped, interrupting you, as the fight paused.

"Or don't hear him out. See how that goes," Five muttered, relaxing and sipping his drink again.

"Come on!" Hazel yelled, and both you and Five sucked in a breath when Diego stabbed him in the leg with one of his knives.

"Ooooh, that's gotta hurt," Five commented, and you sighed.

"All right, it's not funny anymore," you said as they slammed their heads together. You took another gulp of your drink, welcoming the dizziness. "Whoa, this looks super weird."

Hazel picked Diego up, squeezing him, and you giggled.

"They're hugging! Look, Five. They're like brothers." Five looked at you in surprise, before sighing and removing the margarita from your hands.