ch 3. 🌷 ♫ ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ, ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴍɪʟᴇ ♫

(I WOULD LIKE TO MENTION THAT THIS IS SET IN MODERN TIMES! WARNING ; HOMOPHOBIA AND HOMOPHOBIC SLURS)

MIKE'S POV:
📍???, ???

Will stands in front of me, no expression, no thoughts behind those hazel eyes, just standing in a dark void of nothingness.

"Mike..?" he says, his voice beckoning me towards him. One foot in front of the other, until I am directly face to face with him. He stretched his hand out and cups it around the side of my head.

"Mike..?"

".. Yes?"

"How dare you." A storm like cloud with many negative emotions and feelings starts swirling up behind him.

"What?" His nails dug into my skin slowly.

"You know what you did. You're a monster. A freak!"

"Ow! Knock it off!" I try removing his hand from my face, but I can't. Slowly, this "Will" clenches onto my shirt with his free hand.

"It's all your fault. Look at what you did." The injuries from yesterday slowly fade back onto his face, except worse and more terrifying. My eyes blur and I feel a warm stream of tears rolling down my face.

"I'm sorry Will, I'm s-"

"Sorry doesn't fix anything you asshole. I told you to leave me alone, but what did you do? Persist. Just like you did with everyone el-"

📍Wheeler Estate, Wednesday 20th July

My eyes open wide as cold sweat rolls down my face and I'm gasping for air, it all felt too real. I check my alarm clock right next to me. The time reads approximately five past eight, which is REALLY BAD. School starts in 25 minutes, and I need to get ready and be at school by then. I fling the quilt off of me and pick up random creased clothes off of the floor (presumably from yesterday, or the day before), putting them on faster than lightning itself and bolting down the stairs.

"Good morni-"

"HI MOM, BYE MOM" I yell, grabbing a piece of toast sitting in the toaster on my way out and stuffing it into my mouth as I sling my backpack over my shoulder.

"HEY THAT WAS MINE!" I can slightly hear Nancy, my older sister, yell as I slam the front door and leap onto my bike. I start pedalling out of the driveway, my hair literally flying everywhere. Once off of the gravel, I speed down the road with my hands off of the handlebars to flatten down the bird nest sitting on my head. Suddenly, my bike starts losing control and I get to the handlebars to settle it down. Either I was really bad at balancing or my bike was getting old, and I'm hoping it's the second one. However, the only thing that is currently on my mind is the boy with the name of Will Byers.

    WILL'S POV:
📍Hawkins Highschool bike rack, Wednesday 20th July

Currently playing: New Flesh - Current Joys

"No-one gives a shit,

No-one gives a shit,

No-one gives a shit about my life. "

Those lyrics seeped into my brain through my headphones, making me crack a small yet sad smile.