𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 : america's most wanted

WORD COUNT : 3.6k

"You can't be serious," Owen frowned, sure that Officer Callahan was playing some sort of annoying prank on her. Officer Powell had already left to go drive Jonathan's car to the police station, leaving Owen behind with this imbecile. Unfortunately, the officer's expression remained unchanged in spite of her disbelief, his blank gaze boring into hers.

"Miss Webb... I'm actually deadly serious. I will not let you into the squad car unless you're handcuffed," he assured her, making a point of swinging the metallic restraints right in front of her face.

"But I didn't even do anything! You've got no reason to cuff me," Owen argued stubbornly. Officer Callahan's matter-of-fact expression was almost annoying her more than the fact that she had to be constrained just to get a ride to the station for questioning.

"Look, I can see the bruising starting up on your knuckles right now. I don't know what the hell happened before we got here, but just be glad that you and Byers aren't in the same situation right now," the officer sighed, motioning to her hand. Owen glanced down at her hand, seeing the bruising that he was referring to. She crossed her arms suddenly, self-consciously tucking her hands out of sight. "It's for the safety of everyone in the car, okay? Just can't have you pulling shit once we're driving," he added, shrugging.

Owen glared at Officer Callahan, just hoping and praying that he would throw a little 'just kidding' in there at some point. But instead, the two of them were just standing in silence, staring at each other in the middle of that alley. Finally just giving up on the idea of riding to the police station without handcuffs, Owen let out a dramatic groan and stuck her wrists out for him. She rolled her eyes at the whole situation before she fixed her stare down the other end of the alley, where all the others had taken off once the cops arrived.

"Little young for a tattoo, aren't we," Officer Callahan muttered, linking the cuffs around her wrists. Owen's eyes immediately snapped to her where her hands were joined, the sleeves of her sweatshirt having rode up when she stuck her arms out. There, the three black zeros that had been scrawled on her wrist for as long as she could remember were on display. Her lips tightened into a scowl, lowering her now-cuffed hands in front of her.

"Little old to be poking around in teenagers' business, aren't we," Owen quipped, already beyond tired of being around this man. The officer let out an irritated sigh, turning to walk around the car and open the passenger door for her.

"Just get in the car, Owen," Officer Callahan grumbled, holding the door open with an exasperated look on his face. She wandered around the back of the car, sliding into her seat up front and allowing for Officer Callahan to buckle her in. He made sure to loudly slam her door before walking around to the driver's side.

"Well... this sucks," Owen sighed to Jonathan once it was just the two of them in the car. This was certainly not how any of them expected for the day to go. Understandably, she was just met with silence until Officer Callahan opened his door and slid in beside her.

"You guys listen to music," the officer asked as he cranked the car. Both of the teenagers just kept their gaze directed out of their respective windows, not having a reply for him. The silence that befell the car had the officer awkwardly smacking his lips together, leaving the radio untouched as he put the vehicle into reverse.

"No music then... got it," Officer Callahan mumbled to himself, backing them out of the alley and onto the road again. The three of them stubbornly rode to the station in complete silence.

As it turns out, Owen wasn't able to just run in the complete opposite direction of Officer Callahan as soon as they arrived at the station. Although her handcuffs had been removed because she wasn't under arrest, Owen had still been locked in one of the interrogation rooms with him and Officer Powell. Owen was technically a witness, causing them to try and grill her about what exactly had happened out in the alley.