i. demigod retrieval mission with his crushes?? oh gods.

Start from the beginning

For the first time that night, Benji looked up at the half moon. It shone brightly in its low position in the night sky.

He let out a long sigh and stood up from the chair. "Sure, good night, Chiron."

Benji jumped from the top of the three-step staircase. He began walking away just he heard a quiet "good night" from Chiron.

Benji reached his cabin just as he first heard a burst of cackling laughter from inside the cabin. He looked at the giant, white 10 on the cabin door as he pushed the door in. The light in the Aphrodite cabin was on and the lace curtains were closed. The pastel pink walls were covered with pictures of family and friends and the pastel green and blue bunk beds were filled with the children of Aphrodite.

No one looked in his direction as he walked into the cabin. Benji strolled and slumped down against the back wall of his bed. He closed his eyes as he thought about his mission with Percy and Annabeth and Thalia.

Oh gods, he was really nervous. He didn't have to think about the mission much. He'd been on so numerous missions already and they'd been on two quests, so Benji had faith in their ability to rescue the demigods. But having to talk to them and having to be close to them. He was having nervous attacks just thinking about it.

Benji felt the bed dip next to him and he opened his eyes. A dark-haired girl with bright blue eyes was sitting down next to him.

Silena grinned at him. "How was your meeting with Chiron?"

Benji's stomach clenched and his cheeks reddened just the slightest bit. "Fine," he shrugged, "I have to go on another retrieval mission tomorrow."

She raised an eyebrow. "But Aaron and Millie aren't here yet. Who're you going with?"

Benji looked away. "Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia."

"Oooh," she gasped. "No way."

Benji turned to her and she was grinning at him. He pulled his pillow to him and buried his face in it. Oh, how Benji was regretting telling Silena about his crush on Percy and Annabeth. She was the first, and only person, he'd told about his crushes. He hadn't even told Aaron and Millie, though he had a feeling they knew.

Silena peeled the pillow away from his face and he pouted. "Don't. I don't want to hear it."

"Aww, but listen, listen, this is your chance, Benny," she whispers.

Benji clutches his pillow to him. "Yeah right, if I don't mess something up."

Silena scooted closer to him and laid her head on his shoulder. "No negative thoughts, Benny. You got this. Just don't say anything too detailed about them."

He sat up straight. "Hey! That's not fair. It was one time and to you! You promised not to tell anyone either."

The daughter of Aphrodite shrugged. "And I didn't! But it was still creepy, okay? I don't think even they knew that about themselves."

The boy gasped. "That's too far. How would I know things about them if they don't know that about them?"

Silena giggled. "Probably because you're a stalker."

Benji shoved her away from him and she laughed even harder. "You're so mean. You're not even this mean to Michael, who's your actual brother."

"Just because you're not a child of Aphrodite, but Ganymede doesn't mean I can't be mean to you! And I am mean to Michael, you just don't see it."

Benji gave her an uncertain look. "Uh-huh, sure."

Silena shrugged while smiling. "Not my fault you don't believe me. Now, shut up and get your bag ready for tomorrow. I don't want any last-minute problems, okay?"