i. demigod retrieval mission with his crushes?? oh gods.

╰┈➤ ❛┊𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗴𝗼𝗱 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗮𝗹 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗲𝘀?? 𝗼𝗵 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝘀

╰┈➤ ❛┊𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗴𝗼𝗱 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗮𝗹 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗲𝘀?? 𝗼𝗵 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝘀.┊❜

𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍 was used to going on demigod retrieval missions. It was his much calmer, and less stressful version of a quest. He likes to think he'd done the camp a great deed by saving those demigods from their untimely demise. Or maybe it was the kids, kids just as old as him or maybe older, that he was helping. He still felt pretty accomplished.

So when he was called over to the Big House by Chiron, he wasn't surprised or concerned or confused. He had a feeling he would be asked to go on another mission.

When Benji arrived at the Big House, Chiron sat in his wheelchair with a blanket over his legs.

"Ah, Benji," he said, "please sit." He gestured to the empty chair.

And so he did. "What's up, Chiron?"

The centaur leaned forward. "I have another mission for you if you're willing."

Benji let out a quiet sigh. "Sure, demigod retrieval?"

"Yes," Chiron nodded.

"But, Aaron and Millie aren't here yet," Benji said, "We always go together. So, am I going alone?"

Chiron shook his head and laughed. Benji frowned. "Of course not, dear boy, you'll be going with Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia."

Benji froze. "Uhh, wi–with, with who?" he stammered, his thoughts immediately going to the green-eyed boy with the mischievous grin and the gray-eyed girl with her golden hair. His cheeks heated and for once, he was glad for his dark sky to hide his blush.

Chiron seemed to grin for the quickest second which made Benji think he was seeing things. The teacher smiled softly at him. "Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia. You'll be going to Maine with them."

"With them?" he asked with wide eyes.

"With them," Chiron confirmed.

Benji silently pinched himself. "Oh, I don't want to trouble them. I can just have my dad drop me off there. He's still in the city, you know? I can just IM him. He'll understand," he spoke quickly, a little too quickly to not seem suspicious.

Chiron raised an eyebrow in amusement as if he'd seen the panicked-Benji show multiple times before. Benji figured he had seen at least something like this in all the time he'd been alive.

"Oh, do not worry," he told Benji, "Percy's mother will be coming by Camp to pick up Annabeth and Thalia. I'm sure she wouldn't mind you going with them."

Benji sighed. There really was no way to get out of going in the same car as Percy and Annabeth. "Well, if you're sure."

"I am sure, dear boy. Now you'll be leaving first thing tomorrow so I suggest you pack a bag and get some rest. It is getting quite late and the harpies will be out soon."