six

A month later.

Mayra was happy today. She had no idea of what for. But she's happy. With that cheeky smile on her face, she entered her college campus and strangely the murmurs and whispers increased as soon as they saw her come in.

She found it weird because Mayra was one of the popular girls in the college and why would anyone gossip about her? She hadn't done anything special lately, did she?

Mayra sighed in relief when she saw Saad standing near the canteen. She waved at him. But he didn't bother waving back. He ignored her existence making Mayra gasp.

"What happened?" she asked her best friend of fifteen years in quite an offended tone.

"Nothing." came the curt reply of Saad.

"Why do I feel like you're hiding something?" Mayra asked him suspiciously hearing what Saad's head snapped towards her.

"Oh yeah. I'm hiding something." Saad replied sarcastically.

The murmurs and whispers still didn't decrease which was starting to piss her off. What are they all on about? Mayra knew that it's something serious but what was the question.

"Oh my God, look at her neck. She's having a mark."

"She's cheating on her husband again."

"Isn't that the same girl who is having an affair with Fawad Hussein?"

"I heard that she's married. How shameless bro."

"Dude heard that Fawad's engaged. She's a house breaker."

"What a disgrace."

"She's so pathetic."

The gossipers now did not even care that Mayra could actually hear them. They were all passing her the dirty looks whilst her eyes brimmed in tears. What the actual hell was that?

"Saad, do you seriously believe these?" Mayra could not care about what others said. All she needed was her best friend to believe but the look on his cold face told otherwise.

"I would have believed you, Mayra. But this proves otherwise." he showed her his phone which had the picture of her and Fawad sneaking in the library and well, they were pretty close.

Saad then eyed her neck disgustingly.

The love bite was still fresh.

"I cannot believe that it's you," Saad told as he snatched the phone away from her and walked out of there, leaving behind a very confused and furious Mayra alone.

The first bell rang and everyone walked away from there silently. But Mayra could not move. She found herself walking to the library with a broken heart.

Only in the morning, she was so happy and now this, why'd life be cruel to her?

Two hours passed away, nobody bothered to check up on her and she did not care less. Mayra hated this college and everybody else out there who didn't think twice before judging her. She found herself being engulfed by someone and it did not take seconds to know who it was.

"Fawad." she whispered in a broken voice but he cut her off with a, "shush. I know." His voice was filled with so much love, concern and rage that it made her feel so protected.

"Never in my life I was humiliated like this." she cried in his arms as he stroked her long hair, whilst his heart fumed with rage.

Now he understood why Ahad wanted to bunk the college on this particular day, that sick bastard is so dead today. He thanked Allah that somehow the picture of him and Mayra alone in the library was forwarded to him. He was smart enough to figure things out and immediately rushed to the college but the damage was done already.