10.

THE 'APARTMENT' THE KINGS HAD BOUGHT WAS MORE OF A MANSION THAN AN APARTMENT BUT SHE HAD EXPECTED NOTHING LESS AND GIVEN THE SUM OF HER BANK ACCOUNT AT THE CURRENT TIME, SHE DOUBTED HER AUNT WOULD QUESTION

THE 'APARTMENT' THE KINGS HAD BOUGHT WAS MORE OF A MANSION THAN AN APARTMENT BUT SHE HAD EXPECTED NOTHING LESS AND GIVEN THE SUM OF HER BANK ACCOUNT AT THE CURRENT TIME, SHE DOUBTED HER AUNT WOULD QUESTION. Caius lounged uncaringly on the sofa, he had his shoes off and his top few buttons undone, shirt untucked. Anavrin also wore no shoes with her hair falling around her shoulders. They didn't look like two people enjoying their Saturday at home, nor did the building look like a home. The entire thing seemed entirely ridiculous to her but given the fact that her aunt was coming for only one reason, she doubted she'd even try to pick holes in their story.

"Why are you so nervous about seeing your aunt?" Caius sighed, bored that she had forced him to come there. Anavrin chose to ignore him as she continued to pace.

"Now that you all have put so much money into purchasing and furnishing this place, I might as well spend some more time here," Anavrin took in the architecture and decor.

"That seems unlikely," Caius returned and lay his head on the back of the sofa to look at the ceiling. Anavrin flopped to lie next to him. "What has happened to you recently, human, you used to be much more fun," she closed her eyes.

"I feel exhausted."

"You sleep daily, what a waste of time," Caius hummed and Anavrin could sense he was only speaking to her to quench his boredom.

"I'm exhausted from emotions, Caius, not from lack of sleep."

"Well that makes even less sense," he mused to himself and stared at the artwork on the walls. He wasn't going to ask anymore, probably because he didn't care but she couldn't help but keep talking-- just as she had that night together (the one she was still uncertain about actually having happened.) There was something about Caius, something soothing. He didn't expect her to be happy or take things easily. "Humans are so unnecessarily emotional," he mused to himself.

"A curse," Anavrin responded. His face took on a pained expression and she narrowed her eyes at him, he looked like he was deeply contemplating something.

"I hate to ask it because I truly don't care but I am rather bored so pray to tell, what seems to be bothering you?" he was pained from asking her what was wrong-- she almost laughed at him.

"And I suppose you'll tell the others what I say?" she questioned and Caius hummed, sitting up straighter and crossing his arms as he considered it.

"What makes you think I have any control over that? Aro knows what he wishes to know-- he likely already knows what has upset you," Caius reminded her and she sighed, he was right. But in that case, why hadn't Aro said anything? Had he told Marcus? It was unlikely because Marcus was the kind of person who would speak to her about it.

"Brilliant," she sighed and closed her eyes. "I am upset about Veronica," she informed and he snorted before coughing on his laughter.

"Now that is truly pathetic, you are upset about Marcus' plaything. I could write you a list as long as your arm of more worthy things to be upset about and the group of us have a line of women-- and men-- long enough to wrap around the entire castle. I wouldn't get so caught up over one particularly unimpressive human," Caius fiddled with his cuffs, rolling them up to look more casual. "Or do, I don't actually care if you are upset or not."