Chapter Twenty-nine: Prowl

Start from the beginning

Oh. The last part kind of stabbed.

"W-well since you don't like him, help me get rid of him."

There it was, his deal. Beomgyu wanted nothing more than that guy gone. He didn't benefit anything from him except a few wons that he could get tipped every now and then with a little more work.

This perked Taehyun's ears, looking away from his laptop to face the nervous boy.

"Gone?"

Beomgyu nodded.

Taehyun slumped back into his chair, fidgeting with his pen for a while before humming an okay. The brunet let out a sigh of relief.

"Are we gonna work on it now or?"

"Now." Taehyun got up from his chair abruptly catching the brunet off guard as he walked towards his bookshelves taking out a file.

This confused Beomgyu even more, reminding him of his friend's file.

"Do you google people on your shelves-" interrupted by the slap of the file on the desk the brunet opens his eyes wider getting a good look at the man. It's him indeed.

"Maybe I do." He looked up with a raised brow.

"What's 'Gervasi'?"

"A restaurant." He snatches the file.

"A mafia dumbass, what else?"

The brunet lets out a gasp, "But how?" looking at the other writing and erasing on paper.

"It all makes sense now!" Beomgyu lets out after processing. "He follows me around because of you doesn't he?"

"No, that's-"

"Shh no listen to me. How would this man follow me like that so suddenly, coincidentally right after I met you?"

"I don't know about this mafia crap but there's a connection here and I don't like it. How do you know each other anyway?

Beomgyu turns to look at the boy surprised at how roughly he's using the eraser.

"I don't."

"Why're you so excited about getting rid of him then?"

"Because it makes my work easier." The ash holds up his paper satisfied motioning to the other to come over.

"I need you to work for me." He slumps back into his chair turning and stretching the paper towards Beomgyu.

"You need to get close to him and get all the information you can-"

"So a spy?!" The staggered boy reads over the paper, "But I said get rid of not play matchmaker-"

"It's not matchmaking it's turning ornaments into weapons. You didn't think I'll be doing all the work, did you?" The male raises his brow again interlocking his fingers.

Beomgyu felt a rush of heat dashing through his veins forcing him to flush pink, "Well how am I supposed to find out these things" He holds up the paper.

"I wasn't the one asking to get rid of him. And maybe don't ask your bestie, now get out."

"What-"

"Out."

"No."

Beomgyu stood firm. "You don't dismiss me. Why do I need to do this? Aren't you a mafia boss? You can literally move him away to another city, blackmail him or something, why this unnecessary bullshit?"

Taehyun let out a chuckle, "Oh, aren't you the most naive."

Beomgyu murmured a 'what' under his breath, confused. The ash stood up from his chair walking towards the brunet, his hand on the edge of his desk as he leaned foward.

"Is that what gone means to you? To make someone simply move countries?" Taehyun spoke with a printed smug smile.

"I want that motherfucker dead. gone."

He came closer, inches away from the brunet's lips as he spoke each syllable carefully.

Beomgyu's eyes widen the question why raced through his mind before he let it free.

Taehyun moved away, folding his hands. "Why do you think I'm all on my own?" He raised a brow.

"But I don't wanna k-kill anyone."

"You're not killing anyone, I am."

Taehyun walked back to his desk, looking through the files scattered over.

"But you want me to help you, I don't wanna do that."

"Then you're free to go back to the jail cell of some drug dealer you ran away from." Taehyun looked back at the brunet making sharp eye contact watching the visible shiver run through his veins.

"Fine."

"So is this what I'm supposed to do?" Beomgyu holds up the paper in the air, taking a glance,

"Lure him?"

-------
Zuzu & Wand

Due to school the updates have been slow, and probably will continue to be. We're sorry for the long wait :(

.・゜-: ✧ :- -: ✧ :-゜・.