“Yes.”

Of course, there is no way I would want to drink tea that someone else drank before. It was only because of a fear that something had been tampered with in the teapot.

So, I got up and brought my cup before Cassius could touch it, and drank the tea that had already cooled, which had no scent at all.

“Is this fine?”

Fortunately, I did not feel anything wrong.

“Yes.”

As he uttered a few short words, Cassius seemed somehow happy. He seemed to think he had won the battle.

“….”

How the hell am I supposed to deal with this madman?

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door again.

“Sister, it is me. Excuse me, but can I come in? I have something to tell you.”

“….!”

I jumped up from my seat. Ophelia has always been welcome, but not right now.

At that, he spoke in a strange voice.

“Miss Ophelia is… bold.”

I clenched my teeth.

It was understandable why Ophelia was trying to meet me with such a ridiculous excuse. Since I made a fuss to her that I never wanted to marry Cassius. So, this would otherwise be Ophelia’s attempt to save me.

I stared at Cassius and opened my mouth.

“Don’t touch that kid.”

“….”

Although he had a look on his face that I could not even guess what was on his mind.

“She is a child who cannot be happy by your side. So…”

“Ha.”

My words were cut off by Cassius’ cynicism.

“Sisterhood is a good thing.”

“…What?”

Like a beast, the golden yellow eyes shone dangerously.

“But Evelynn, it’s time for you to know.”

Saying that, Cassius stood up and slowly approached me. ​​When he finally reached a distance where I could feel his breath, he whispered in my ear.

“I wanted only you from the beginning.”

Cassius whispered that one word and stepped back with a satisfied look on his face.

At that, I lost strength in my legs and fell to the floor.

‘Why…?’

There was only one question that came to mind.

…Why? Why?

As I was lost in my thoughts, Cassius bent his knees and came down eye level with me.

“Evelyn.”
​​
Word came from his mouth softly.

“You seem very surprised.”
​​
His voice woke me up, and I hurriedly got up and stepped back. My hair turned white and I could not even say anything.
​​
It was then.

“Sister! I am coming in!”
​​
Bang!

Ophelia, like a savior, slammed the door and entered the room.
​​
“Ophelia!”

I ran towards her immediately.
​​
Now that I found out that Cassius’ purpose was not Ophelia, she was now the only person who could save my life.