The little betrayal

Start from the beginning

' you were not at the engagement ceremony and I tried calling your line but it wasn't going through'

'I wanted to attend but I couldn't'
' Why?' I asked curiously
' Well, i had some urgent issues to attend to'
'Alright'
'Are you mad at me?' He asked now facing me.
'No...'

As the flight landed in Gowland, we head outside where a driver was already waiting for us.
'Welcome, I'm Sanni, I will be your driver throughout your stay.' He said politely. Mark really paid the right person for this job because I like him already. He helped me with my luggage when we got to the hotel we will be staying throughout our stay.
At the lobby, Melvin was checking in when one of the hotel workers approached me with a bouquet of flowers. 'That man over there asked me to give you' she said pointing to a man. I collected the flowers, it's my favorite so I tried to figure who he is but I could only see his back. He was on a call, I wonder if he's an old school friend. I left the lobby to find out who he is. He was walking away but I was bent on knowing who he is that I kept on following him. He turned at the end of a passage so I walked faster to catch up to him but by the time I took the turn, I could no longer see him, disappointed, I decided to head back to the lobby but I noticed an opened door, I peeped through and figured it's a cold room. I wonder why the hotel employee would leave their cold room opened. I reached the door but as I tried to shut it, I started wondering if the man I was following earlier entered the cold room. It doesn't make sense to me but what if he's in there and I shut the door, he could die. To clear my doubts, I entered the cold room and checked every corner but no one was there. I noticed there's one more corner to check but as I was about to go check it out, I was stopped by the 'what the hell are you doing in here' from Melvin.
'What are you doing here too?'
'I've been looking for you. Thank goodness that employee told me you head towards this direction.'
'It's a long story, I will explain after checking that corner' I said as I head towards the corner. 'I'm cold, let's leave' Melvin said as he held my arm.

As we head towards the exit, the craziest thing ever happened, someone shut the door from the outside.
'What's going on' Melvin yelled.
I banged the door for someone to open but no one came to our rescue. I explained everything to Melvin but he was angry at me. It's not my fault that we are trapped here so I don't get why he'd be angry rather than finding a solution to the situation at hand.
'I don't understand why you would think anyone would be in here..why didn't you just call one of the employees' he yelled at me.

'Stop yelling at me and think of a way we can get out of here' I said angrily.
He pulled out his phone and tried calling but the signal was bad so he was unable to place a call.

I started freezing 15mins later, I wished I had worn something thick. I looked at my body and noticed my nipples were sticking out seriously, I wrapped my arms around it. Melvin kept on banging the door until he got sick of it. I fell to the ground as I struggle to breathe normally. 'Are you okay?' He asked as he started removing his jacket. He made me wear the jacket to keep me warm. 'Try to cover your face with the jacket' he said worried.
He was also freezing to death but he gave me the only thing that could keep him warm. I watched as he rubbed his palm against each other. I stood up so I could resume banging the door, I started feeling dizzy but I still tried moving my feet. On my way to the door, I lose balance and fell to the ground as I struggle for breath.

*******************************
MELVIN'S POV

'Flora!!' I screamed as I watched her collapsed. I couldn't breathe properly as I was freezing too but there's no way I'd let her die. I removed my shirt and wrapped it around her, rubbed her palms but she wasn't responding. I bent over her to feel her breath and noticed that she wasn't breathing anymore. I held her chin up, took a breath then cover and seal her mouth with mine as I breathe into her mouth continuously until I started fading out. I heard the door opening but I couldn't move an inch as I lost consciousness.